Resolved - Admin doesn't work

I just installed CubeCart-5.1.4 last night (after a lot of struggle with the session path, which I have fixed it) and today I tried to login like Admin and nothing happens, I mean nothing, no error message, no redirection, nothing. I tried on Firefox, Chrome and IE=nothing. The page is reloaded and that's all.

I checked the database, is all ok, changed the password, deleted the salt=nothing.

Deleted the cache=nothing.

Tried to use an admin direct URL (admin.php?_g=orders)=nothing

Deleted browser cache, deleted cookies=nothing

No error log, I even deleted the sessions in the database, still can't login.

It's a hosting issue ?(Godaddy hosting), it's a ioncube issue (which I installed), a PHP issue ? (PHP 5.2), What is happening?

Any idea?, thanks

Welcome deketa! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The following scenario happened to me:

After a normal installation by using /setup/index.php, I had my browser ask for the admin screen /admin.php.

But the browser was given nothing (other than the web server telling the browser there was nothing to send: no title, no headers, nothing).

I run my own server so I was able to look at the PHP error log. FYI: this error was also saved in the database table CubeCart_error_log. (I think that's the name of it.)

While the error was the result from something else related, it pointed me to the fact I had not deleted or renamed the /setup folder.

Would you please make sure the setup folder is deleted or renamed and try again?

The things you've said:

"and today I tried to login like Admin"

Do you mean to say that you have had at least one good login as admin? Just today you couldn't? Or are you saying today was your first opportunity to try?

"The page is reloaded..."

Do you mean to say that after you enter your user/pass in the admin login screen, you get the login page reloaded? What do you mean by what you said?

Working, I have re uploaded the admin files and is working, don't know what happened, probably a corrupted file, how? I don't know, I think was a FTP issue, but was really weird.

this error was also saved in the database table CubeCart_error_log. (I think that's the name of it.)

Yes, checked, no error there

While the error was the result from something else related, it pointed me to the fact I had not deleted or renamed the /setup folder.

Yeap, I have renamed the folder after install it

Thanks bsmither!

Have a look in your database in the cubecart_admin_users table - there are 2 columns called failLevel and blockTime. Are those showing anything other than 0?

You could also try adding a new admin user directly in the database and try loging in with that.

Have a look in your database in the cubecart_admin_users table - there are 2 columns called failLevel and blockTime. Are those showing anything other than 0?

You could also try adding a new admin user directly in the database and try loging in with that.

Thanks Viola, I have checked the tables in the database, they are on 0

I can login now, I think was a simple FTP error when I uploaded the files, first time is happens to me!

thanks again! :)