Resolved - Need variable for the customer comment box to print on emai

SimChris

Hi,

I thought I posted this already but seems to have been eaten or I'm losing my mind (both?).

On the checkout screen is an option for customer to type in any special instructions, or notes, and we use this for stuff like the ability for them to put in a purchase order number, or anything like "chris said special discount ..." or somesuch.

This comment box from customer prints okay on the printable invoice, but the shortcode to add that element is not in the list found for the email templates.

Anybody know what that is?

We MUST be able to have the customer comment on the emails, as we use those to internally track projects, and customers most of the time rely on email receipt, NOT printing one post checkout.

Thanks for any pointers!

Chris

Hmmm... don't think it was me about the photo on packing slip, since we sell services, we only need the "special instructions" from customer to show on the emails. This is different from the store comments, which we don't need after all.

Just need that box where the customer can type in comment/instructions during checkout.

Looking at the /templates/content.receipts.php

there is this varialble:

{$SUM.customer_comments}

SUM.customer_comments

so .... would I use

{$DATA.customer_comments}

I just put that into the email templates via CC5 admin panel... and nothing blew-up,

so I suppose next step is to do a test order ....

Anyone else done this one previously?

Thanks!

And ... I solved my own problem (again... aren't I special!!) ;-)

OK, you can mark this one RESOLVED.

For anybody searching for this it will help.

YES: the correct variable to add the customer comments box to your customer/admin email templates in the CCadminpanel > email temlplates is:

{$DATA.customer_comments}