5.1.4 inevtory table no longer holds the Blob image all product images

Guest danniboy

Guest danniboy

Hi There

I have noticed that on upgrade to 5.1.4 all my product images no longer work. It seems the invetory table no longer holds the image binary and so my content assosiation to product images has gone.

Does anyone know which tables now control the product image association? I have a list of all the images from my previous database so want to maually import these into the backend as there are thousands of products that have been affected.

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

Guest danniboy

Sure it was 4.3.7

I am trying this all out on localhost and having lost all the image associations no longer have the ability to upload despite no errors being logged and all write permissions set.

Also I am using a trial license as I don't want to pay out for the upgrade if it is not going to work so need to evaluate the whole thing in the 14 days allowed so your prompt response is much appreciated!

I hope Bsmither and others can help you, but upgrading from 5.1.1 to 5.1.4 worked well for me, except I requested the new USPS shipping file before I upgraded. I did have lots of database problems way back when I upgraded from 4.? to 5.0, though. I thought they had all the 4-5 upgrade database issues resolved - evidently not.

"Trying it all on localhost", perhaps on a personally-owned workstation or server sitting on the other side of your office, as opposed to a hosted account by a major hosting company?

If so, we can enable all sorts of error logging and diagnostics that will reveal situations not apparent to or recorded by Cubecart.

Excellent! Do you still have an intact CC4? Or has your CC4 been permanently morphed to CC5?

I ask because a fully populated CC4 store is what I need (as I never actually did any work with a CC4) in order to monitor the database activity in the morphing process.

There is a small edit to the database class that will cause it to log almost every query made to the database. If I can find where the CC5 FileManager table gets populated from the CC4 Inventory image column, that will help find where the product to image association is getting lost.

Guest danniboy

This may or may not be of interest! Having rolled back my database to 4.3.7 I can see:

1. The main image for each product is stored in the cubecart_inventory table in the column called 'image' VARBINARY(250) and this column does not exist after upgrade.

2. The cubecart_image_index table has no data

3. The cubecart_img_idx table only contains image data for those products that have additional images (other than the main image)

4. After upgrade weldings_cubev4.cubecart_filemanager is empty

I believe that after upgrade the cubecart_image_index table is relied on to provide all image relationships so as mine is empty I have no product image relationships.

Running this query I believe gives me all the data I need in the cubecart_image_index table

SELECT cubecart_filemanager.file_id, cubecart_inventory.productId, CubeCart_filemanager.filepath FROM cubecart_filemanager, cubecart_inventory where CONVERT(cubecart_inventory.image, CHAR(255)) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci = cubecart_filemanager.filename;

• 4 weeks later...

Just a hint on this.... Database table and field names SHOULD be Case Sensitive. I've seen this break more than one issue on Windoze installs. ALL CubeCart tables should be prefixed as "CubeCart_". Period. If you're not testing under a non-idiotic OS that respects letter case differences, you WILL have odd issues that we of course can't replicate because we develop on Linux and Mac (Unix-based)....both of which understand that A != a.

:w00t:

Guest danniboy

Just a note Sir William that I find your tone a little unprofessional, patronising and offensive for a staff member. Having said that you have helped me make my mind up about ceasing to continue to use your product so I thank you for that.

Danniboy, I apologize if what I said came across with any kind of attitude. When you work in support, you have to assume that every person you deal with knows less your 85 year old grandmother. Anything more than that and you WILL upset them by assuming they know what you're talking about. It's one of the most annoying things around, but it's a fact.

And I will completely stand by the statement that case sensitivity will cause problems somewhere, and usually in a completely unexpected manner. And yeah, I despise Microsoft products as web servers. I make no bones about it and never, ever will.

This is precisely what support is for, for the people who KNOW the code to find and help fix issues when they arise. If we need to amend code to accommodate specific issues, we do. We all have SVN access to the core codebase and patch issues as we find and fix them. I've seen and made several patches to address fringe cases or issues that rarely come up, but we amend the code just the same.

• 1 month later...

@danniboy, in case you are still a member here, thank you for this thread and for disclosing your findings!

@bsmither: thank you for your answer that you gave me in the other forum (until yesterday I was confused which forum is which). Is it possible to give me that piece of code that will extend the logging? Sorry for being too curious, but why haven't you posted here straight from the beginning?

@Sir William: sorry to say it, but your answer was not "politically correct" and here is why: while danniboy was previously posting a SELECT statement, it was obvious that he knows what he is asking/looking from the perspective of low level access to the system... And I am saying this because I am in your shoes, I have similar tasks and responsibilities as you too...

Anyway, during the upgrade, something broke the correspondence and I still look for a hint, if possible.

Thank you very much in advance!