Continue Shopping Button

tthe1t

Is there a way to add a "continue shopping" button? I am using CC Version 5.1.4 with the Mican skin.

http://www.audiohistories.com/Cart/index.php

I am offering some seminars and after my client chooses and reviews his shopping care there is no way to "continue shopping" other than pushing the back arrow on the browser.

We should have a continue shopping button sh the client can add more items to his cart.

Thanx in advance for any and all help.

With CubeCart 5 (as opposed to CC3/4), during the checkout phase, all the side boxes other than the shopping cart are still visible.

The customer can make use of the Shop by Category list on the left.

But I see your point: Continue Shopping can be added to Empty Basket, Update Basket, Checkout.

Having mentioned the Shop by Category side box above, are you still interested in adding a specific button that takes the customer (where?) and where would you put the button?

• 9 months later...

Brian, I see that tthe1t didn't answer this post, and it looks pretty old, but now I am in need of adding a continue shopping button to the cart page (& maybe the confirm page too?) Could you help me out with this? After everything I've been through with this site, I can't believe I didn't realize there wasn't one until my client just asked me about adding one. If you could help me out, I would be most appreciative as always.

It does, but I don't think people realize that. If people don't realize that & they go to the cart then it's kind of confusing, at least I think so. Ideally I think the continue shopping button would take them back to the homepage yes, I was thinking the product page that they just came from, but then I thought why would they want to go to that page. So ideally, the home page. I know they can click the logo, but most customers aren't going to know that I don't think.

Is that something that can be easily done?

Let's look at your skin template content.checkout.php. About halfway down will be a <div class="basket_actions"> block. The next line is a <a> tag that holds a link to tell CubeCart to empty the contents of the basket.

We will add a line just after that (or before it - doesn't matter):

<a class="button_submit left" href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php">Continue Shopping</a>

(The language file does not have an entry for 'continue_shopping'. So, if you are running multiple languages, you may choose to add an entry for those respective language files.)

You rock!

That works perfect, but how do I make it match the existing buttons & be to the right of the other buttons, right next to them in the bunch (so before the empty cart button)?

I got the continue shopping in with the rest of the buttons by taking out the left in the class (actually after the empty cart button, which is fine), but how do I get it to be a matching button like the rest instead of just text?

This is for the Kurouto skin.

Note how the class matched the existing <a> tag?

<a class="button_submit left" href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true">{$LANG...}</a>

<a class="button_submit left" href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php">Continue Shopping</a>

For your skin, you need to match the class of that skin's Empty Basket <a> tag. That should make the button match the others.

For position, just try moving the line around until the button ends up where you want it.

Ok, I got the continue shopping into a button that matches, but because the text is so long, it just says continue & leaves out shopping. I'm not quite sure how to make that button show the full text. See the attached screenshot.buttons.gif

I was afraid that was going to happen. Either:

* Come up with a phrase that might fit ("Homepage", "More Shopping?", "Add More?", "Missed Something?")

* Edit the button image to make it wider

(Shopping is actually there on the line below, it is white on white.)

Yeah, I new shopping was there, I just knew the button wasn't wide enough to show it. I can edit the button image to make it wider, but then what class would I call for it? I know that probably sounds like a really stupid question, but I really am a CSS dummy, sorry. LOL!

Ok, I got the button large (already had one created, LOL!, but now it's clear to the left, the empty cart button is above the update cart & checkout buttons. The alignment is all messed up :-( It would also be nice to get the other three buttons to match the font of the continue shopping button. Do you know how to do that?