Email Templates

irori

I have all my emails working now thanks to Al and the upgrade to 5.1.4!

My customers are now receiving a order confirmation/information email!

I am still not sure about the following two emails templates that are 'cart' email templates -

Payment received

Order Confirmed

When are these used in the checkout/cart process?

I notice that in the edit window for each order the drop down box has the following options -

Pending

Processing

Order complete

Declined

Failed fraud review

Cancelled

Customers do receive a order complete email when I change their order to 'complete'.

Which of the other options are linked to which automatic emails?

Payment Received would be similar to creating a 'statement' from QuickBooks for a payment made on an invoice, if you allow for that sort of thing. More generally, this could be considered when an order enters the Processing stage.

Order Confirmed (which you said your customers were getting - or is that Order Complete) is to inform the customer that their effort at working their way through your store and checkout was not for aught, and the email can include things like, "Please expect delivery on (now+10days) - assuming payment has been received by then." and "Item 'widget' has been placed on backorder. We expect to ship on (now+21days)." This could be considered when an order enters the Pending stage.

Payment Received would be similar to creating a 'statement' from QuickBooks for a payment made on an invoice, if you allow for that sort of thing. More generally, this could be considered when an order enters the Processing stage. - What I meant by this question is - when is this email sent to a customer? so far this email is not sent out at all to any of my customers in the checkout process. I use only print order form (so it would not be used for that) and PayPal, but when the payment is complete for PayPal it is still not used, maybe because Paypal completes 'out' of the cart and redirects back in? If so how can I configure it to work so the customer gets this notification that I have received their PayPal payment? and how can i use this 'Payment Received' email manually so i can send it out to customers once I receive there bank deposit or cheque/money order payment?

Order Confirmed (which you said your customers were getting - or is that Order Complete) is to inform the customer that their effort at working their way through your store and checkout was not for aught, and the email can include things like, "Please expect delivery on (now+10days) - assuming payment has been received by then." and "Item 'widget' has been placed on backorder. We expect to ship on (now+21days)." This could be considered when an order enters the Pending stage.

- Yes I use the 'order complete' to let the customer know that their order is being shipped with additional information about my information page and facebook page.

'Order Confirmed' is a different email template to the 'order complete' template. So I am not sure where or when 'Order Confirmed' is used.