Manually added orders show empty cart when customer tries to pay

irori

Hi everyone,

Just found a new problem today. I manually added an order, when logging in through the customers account the order is displayed in the summary with the option to 'pay now cancel order view details' as usual. When click on PayNow it diverts to the basket which shows as empty. Why is this? I tried manually adding another order with the same results. frustrating. I ended up just invoicing her through PayPal!

any help appreciated.

Allow me to ask that you do another (maybe create a dummy customer and administratively add an order for that customer).

It will show as a Pending order in the customer's Account, Order History list.

But this time, click on View Details first to review it. Take note if the list of items purchased is displayed here.

Go back to the Order History.

Now click on Complete Payment. Take note if the list of items is displayed here.

If neither screen, I need to know this. If just one screen, which one.

Thank you.

Oh, and please describe the upgrade path you took, such as:

CC514<509<507<447

Allow me to ask that you do another (maybe create a dummy customer and administratively add an order for that customer).

But this time, click on View Details first to review it. Take note if the list of items purchased is displayed here.

Now click on Complete Payment. Take note if the list of items is displayed here.

Thank you.

CC514<509<507<447

I did this, the 'view details' page shows everything in the cart, its just the complete payment page that says 'basket empty' with no payment options displayed.

I upgraded from V3 to 5.1.2.2 to current 5.1.4

I have tried this again in the past 24 hours and it is still not working.

• 10 months later...

Thank you.

CC514<509<507<447

Hi BSmither

I just tried this again after my new upgrade and I am experiencing the same issues.

When I go to order history it says 'no orders have been made'.  

I cannot access 'complete payment' anywhere from the dummy customer account.

I upgraded to latest version

I thought I saw evidence of this scenario having been fixed. But apparently it has not.

I think I know what needs to have to happen, but in fact an admin created order is lacking so many things:

- a working download link for digital products

- a payment received email on Processing status

- selecting options on product

- calculating shipping and taxes

- customer ability to pay

(and possibly)

- proper inventory management

(but does give you)

+ sell arbitrary not-in-inventory item

• 4 months later...

I agree, this function is valuable to get customers (who have little IT experience sorted ) online quickly. This happened to me today. I manually created the order and then when the customer logged on, there was nothing in the order history.

I had to manually go into the customers account, create the order and then get them to pay.

Not an easy process, some time and energy on this option would be MOST valuable.

regards

Duncan

I though this problem has be fixed too. I have had same problem here too..

I had a customer who last order from me when i was running cubecart 4

He has tried to log and with old username & password. 

He place his order and went to pay for his order the basket was empty.

I have no idea how to fix this problem

There was a problem at one time of previous customers from older versions not having all their data carried over during the upgrade process. Look back through your list of customers in Admin and see if it shows your oldest customers' email addresses in the list. Mine don't, but it was never an issue for me, because we rarely get repeat customers.

Further to my post, I have just up graded to 5.2.5 and checking out if there is any difference on this topic. I can create a PENDING order for a customer. I then get the customer to log in and view their Order History in their account.

They can see the order, but there does NOT seem any way for them to pay for it? They can print a receipt although they have not paid for it.

Am I missing something?

regards

Duncan