Resolved - Major bug? Buy without accepting terms as new registered cu

Hi,

Couldn't find this subject before so a new post.

Dunno if this is a bug or not but if it is than it's big:

When a new visitor buys something then he/she has to register before they can move on in the checkout. When entering all the data but NOT accepting the Terms & Conditions and click Next an error report shows up that you have to accept the terms. But when you click on the Next button again you will be directed right into the payment gataway. No Terms & Conditions were accepted but I could buy what I want.

I tried this several times and I could reproduce this error.

My question is if other users can reproduce this error too. Working on CC5 latest version.

Order of reproducing:

- buy something as a new and not registered human

- fill out all the register data, but NOT accepting the Terms and click Next

- You will be directed to the next checkout field with a warning on top that you have to accept the Terms

- Ignore this message and just click Next

- And you come into the last checkout page; the payment section where you can do the payment

Regards,

Boudi

I am not finding a column in the Order Summary database table that would record the fact that T&C's were 'viewed' or at least the checkbox was checked. (Like all other online stores I visit, I only have to indicate I read them.)

I'll get back to you on this.

Can you remind us what version of CubeCart you have?

I don't check the box.

I keep getting step 2: Checkout.

Though, I have not confirmed that the unchecked box is what is keeping me at step 2.

Ok, I've confirmed that not checking the box keeps me at Step 2.

CC5 will attempt to record in the CC_customers table the info entered for the Contact Details. A check is made here for the checked box. If the box is not checked, or if there are other errors, the 'registration' fails and CC5 gives back the same page with a banner on what to fix.

So let's just check on your CC5 version to start.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your quick respond. I'm using the latest version 5.14. The original install was a 5.07 but professionally upgraded by CC to 5.14.

If you like I can show you the url in PM for testen. Admin login is no problem.

Update: I would like to extend this 'bug'. When you buy something as a new customer and in the checkout fillout the data, when you forgot a field this feeld lights up red. BUT when you fillout ALL the data correct, only DON'T accept the terms the checkfield of the terms does not lights up refd but instead you will be directed to the next page of the checkout. Above this next page you see the error notification that you forgot to accept the terms.

Regards,

Boudi

UPDATE!! I tested this bug in the original demo store too and indeed my findings are true. This is a MAJOR bug since now people can buy stuff without accepting the terms! In other words this could end in LOTS of lawsuits because clients have no obligations to the shop.

This should NOT be ignored by CC!

Regards,

Boudi

I tried it on our modified kurouto store and the bug was there, BUT the default kurouto and our commercial skin refused to budge past the error message that I haven't accepted the TOS.

Weird - I did a file compare on my own kurouto skin and the default skin, and the only difference is that I have <div class="select_register"> changed to hidden, so they have to register, but I did have some commented out versions of the TOS section from prior versions. I deleted all those useless commented out parts, and when I tried again to duplicate the bug on mykurouto - it doesn't allow me to continue without checking TOS, just as it should.

Not really sure why I saw your issue once and then couldn't duplicate it, but I suspect the demo store is probably not on the 5.1.4, and there have been code changes to the TOS section several times.

Thnx for your respond.

In my case I'm working with the latest version, the 5.14. I must say that CC upgraded it from a previous 5.07 store. The store is already online and my client asked me (again) when this bug is solved.

The only thing I know to suggest is that you download your own version of 5.1.4 and double check that the content.checkout.confirm.php file for your skin has

{if $TERMS_CONDITIONS}

<div><label for="reg_terms">&nbsp;</label><span><input type="checkbox" id="reg_terms" name="terms_agree" value="1" {$TERMS_CONDITIONS_CHECKED} /> <a href="{$TERMS_CONDITIONS}" target="_blank">{$LANG.account.register_terms_agree}</a></span></div>

{/if}

Mine is at line 53 on my default kurouto skin.

If it still looks right, since CC upgraded for you, I'd contact them and let them fix it.

I checked your lines with out content.checkout.confirm.php but they are the same. After that I downloaded the original one from 5.14 but still the same issue. So no solution from that either.

Topic is resolved by the Bugtracker!

Solution:

Open classes/cubecart.class.php and find:

if (!$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','disable_checkout_terms') && ($GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_documents', false, array('doc_terms' => '1')) !== false) && !isset($_POST['terms_agree'])) {

$GLOBALS['gui']->setError($GLOBALS['language']->account['error_terms_agree']);

After add:

$errors['terms_agree'] = true;

Just tested it and passing the T&C was not possible any more.

This topic is resolved now