Create Order Search for Customer Name problem

irori

Another issue is when i go to 'create an order' and I type the customers name in, the 'search mechanism' will not bring up the customers name. Only 'no results found' . With the order I am speaking of above (customer) I had to manually add the customers details even though they are in the system. With my test order it brought up the test name on my second try but the address was not copied in only the name and i had to manually add in the address.

Could you (or have the moderator) split off the issue you are having with the 'search as you type' in the admin's Add Order capability?

On the Billing tab, there is the field 'Find Customers'. This field is javascript powered and uses AJAX to send a word to the store, the store queries the customer database against the contents of the columns 'last_name', 'first_name', or 'email'.

For example, if enter Smither, I get back a floating box that shows all distinct choices.

Are you saying that for you, the floating box says "No results found"?

Please verify for us what search word you used and whether or not that word exists as part of the first name, last name, or email.

The Billing Address is not populated until you choose from the Address drop-down selector.

Please verify that the above steps, in fact, do not get you a fully populated Billing Address form.

Could you (or have the moderator) split off the issue you are having with the 'search as you type' in the admin's Add Order capability?

On the Billing tab, there is the field 'Find Customers'. This field is javascript powered and uses AJAX to send a word to the store, the store queries the customer database against the contents of the columns 'last_name', 'first_name', or 'email'.

For example, if enter Smither, I get back a floating box that shows all distinct choices.

Are you saying that for you, the floating box says "No results found"?

Please verify for us what search word you used and whether or not that word exists as part of the first name, last name, or email.

The Billing Address is not populated until you choose from the Address drop-down selector.

Please verify that the above steps, in fact, do not get you a fully populated Billing Address form.

I have tried it again today and it now seems to be working. A few days ago when it was NOT working I was trying first name, then both first and second name, and then email and getting nothing.

Today when I go to choose from the address drop down selector there is nothing written in there to select. If I go ahead and select the 'blank' it Does populate the address form! A bit confusing but at least I know now!

I still need some help on this one.

need help with the following - When I manually create an order and a customer logs in to pay for it, the details can be viewed but the cart is still coming up as 'cart is empty' and no payment can be initiated.

I found a long time ago that the details of a created order do not get entered into the database unless you let the blank boxes "fill" with information supplied by CC. If I wrote in the name of an item, even though it was word for word the correct title, instead of waiting for CC to provide the title - the data was not stored correctly in the order. I think this might be what's happening to you.