Resolved - Logo Issues in Mauris Skin

Jackal1983

Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a New online Company so its not fully online yet but i will try and explain the best i can.

I'm running Version 5.3.5 the Url is www.millpondmodels.co.uk

Im using the built in skin mauris.

My issue is that i put the logo up at the top and its either very small and works or large and overhangs the blue strip and moves the direction parts around.. Home >>

Id be able to get the larger image on if it actually was in the centrer of the blue.. Instead its down by around 100 pixals.

Its is the lite version at the moment planning on buying the full version when all the products are in and ready to go.

Kind Regards

Jack

screen grab off of issue!

Welcome Jackel1983! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

We would suggest that you get the Firefox and the Firebug add-on for it. With this combination, you can identify and tweak the CSS to to make the image find its place as you desire.

Until then, we would ask that you put the store on-line so that we can look at the CSS and make suggestions.

Agree with bsmither it is difficult to advise when we are unable to view a live site.

In the meantime, try adjusting some styles for the mauris skin by looking into skins/mauris/styles/common.css

In the stock (unmodified) file, around line 93 find this:

#header p.logo {

padding-top: 18px;

padding-left: 24px;

margin-bottom: 15px;

}

This sets styles for the paragraph tag that holds the logo image. You need to change the 18px padding added to the top of the paragraph. Try removing the entire line, "padding-top: 18px;" and see what that gets you, we can refine the adjustment from there. Looking at your screenshot, I'd guess that at the very least you'll have to also either adjust the bottom margin (15px;) or remove it as well, to prevent the paragraph element from "kicking out" the breadcrumb layout.

Anyway, this should get you started in the right direction :)

Thankyou very much for your help.

This firefox and firebug addon, What does it do and where do i get it from???

I'm very new to .PHP and still learning how cube cart works its taken a few evenings to get this far!!!!!

Trying to keep it very basic to start with and slowly add to it later.

I'll open the store front so you can see whats going on!

Jack

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys,

I have a similar problem with the Kurouto Skin. I tried different sizes of the logo, as I could not find a standard size and it lays too far down.  Is this something I have to modify the CSS as mentioned above?  Figured I'd ask before I go all out and dig for it.

By the way, been a long time since I've used modified anything in cubecart, but finally got back and decided to upgrade last week, so now we have to fix things...

http://www.allfishwear.com/

Regards,

Cesar Chavez

I played with it a bit more...and I think I fixed it by reducing the height & width of the logo image....is there a specific size we are supposed to be using? I tried to search for a template or size specs but didnt find any...thanks for any comments in advance...

Cesar