Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jomagalo

How to insert logo in Choose Payment Method?

The logo should be picked up automatically, just place it in this directory:

<CC5_store_root_folder>/modules/gateways/<gateway_name>/admin/logo.gif

The "Print Order Form" (POF) gateway doesn't have a logo - although there's no reason to not have one in the gateway listings - as I would think this printout would have your own store's logo on it.

You could take this opportunity to create a variant of your corporate logo - named logo.gif - that is 120x35 and place it in the /modules/gateway/Print_Order_Form/admin folder.

I'm not sure about the PayPal logo as there is an image available. Maybe the PayPal line item that has no logo is because the image at modules/plugins/PayPal_Pro/admin is logo.png and not logo.gif. If this is the case, and you want that logo, the most likely solution is that you will need to load the image into an image editor and resave it as a gif.

There can be images of type gif, jpg, or png.

A question, how did you get that paypal logo to appear in the checkout screenshot about? What is the difference between the two paypal gateways shown there? I suppose I am to assume that you doctored the image?

Having tested numerous gateways now, I have found that none of the gateway logos automatically show up at checkout for any of the ones I tried

Let us know what exact gateway is enabled for the PayPal that shows no logo. The PayPal that has a logo is PayPal Pro Express (aka PayPal Pro Mark).

If you have enabled PayPal Pro Direct, that image comes from:

modulespluginsPayPal_Proimagescards_XX.png

where XX is a two letter country code that is either 'ca', 'uk', or 'us'.

If your store's location is in a country other than Canada, United States, or the UK, there will not be an image to display.

First gateway -> Print Order Form (without logo)

Second Gateway -> PayPal module (not plugin and without logo)

Third gateway -> PayPal Pro (Plugin)

I see a programming logic error in Cubecart->_displayGateways(). If the module's 'desc' key has what appears to be the name of an image, then use the image. Else use the module name.

However, Module->module_settings_save() simply saves the module's 'desc' field as entered. It does not check for an image (that is, if it is supposed to).

So, either Cubecart->_displayGateways should actually check for the presence of an image instead of using the module's 'desc' field, or the Module class should do it.

Or (and this is evident from the lack of documentation), you can try to enter:

{$STORE_URL}/ modules/gateway/folder_name/admin/logo.gif

as the payment gateway module's description. But I think that would be stupid as I am sure 'desc' is used elsewhere.

I've tried everything and can not find the way to insert the logo.

What is the file that shows the Choose Payment Method?

Go here:

/admin.php?_g=modules&type=gateway&module=PayPal

In the Description field, enter:

modules/gateway/PayPal/admin/logo.gif

Save. Test.

Perfect! Now displaying logo. I served on a provisional. But I can not insert text below the logo

Currently, it's either the Name of the gateway, or the gateway's logo (if there is one).

Are you wanting both??? (if there is a logo)

For the logo of the Gateway Print Order Form if you would need to enter text below the logo. Or simply insert a text as the logo slogan

The POF does not have a logo.

Please make one. Make the text as part of the image.

Hare some ideas (to use as a start for your own creation):

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo0eatWFJT9fLFzceVZ_GF_dx9FDE9KJ_-IgeH94WE9EUWHC79-truPqN4og

http://kazkreationz.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/printOrderForm.36245907_std.gif

"I see a programming logic error in Cubecart->_displayGateways(). If the module's 'desc' key has what appears to be the name of an image, then use the image. Else use the module name."

Would have been better to check if desc is empty, if so and logo exists show the logo.

"Would have been better to check if desc is empty, if so and logo exists show the logo. "

I think the inverse: If the logo does not actually exist, then use the 'desc' field. If 'desc' is empty, then use the folder name.

Currently, if 'desc' contains what looks like an image URL, but there is no actual image, there will be nothing at all.

I'll submit a bug report.

My thinking is if logo image exists, and no description added, use logo. Admin has choice to override logo by adding a description. If no image nor desc present, use gateway folder name.

But better would be ability to show logo + desc if desired, for total control. (1.) Show logo on/off(default off) > on: choice to use existing logo in admin file(default) or specify a url for logo. (2.)Show description text on/off. Defaults: off, off, and show gateway folder name.

That's basically how I wrote up the bug report. Make both the textual description and image available to the skin, then let the skin developer decide with Smarty logic.

I know this is an old topic but still relevant for many people (judging by the number of times we were asked about it anyway). There is a simple solution to this which is covered in another topic on these forums here : http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/46656-payment-gateway-logos-not-displaying/

Thanks

Ian