Document & Image Files Not Appearing

mitchellds

An interesting problem popped up this morning on my CC 5.1.4 installation.

When I click on Images under File Manager, all of the image files that were once there are now gone.

In addition, when I click on Downloads under File Manager, all of the download files that were once there are now gone.

I have verified (through a web based file manager tool) that the actual files still exist and they are in the correct location; I have never moved these files.

I tried clicking on the Update File List tab under both Images and Downloads - this did not work - the files that I know are there did not appear.

Any ideas?

Please look in the System Error Log screen under Error Logs to note if any errors happened during the 'rebuild' (called "Update File List").

Next, view the database table CubeCart_filemanager externally (phpMyAdmin or similar) to note if records exist that have filenames that correspond to the files that actually reside in the files/ and images/source/ folders.

Thanks for the help, bsmither!

Task 1: I looked in my System Error Log and it is 100% clean (meaning that there are zero entries).

Task 2: I viewed the database table CubeCart_filemanager. Yes, all records (that have filenames that correspond to the files) exist.

I have attached four screen shots for verification.

I'm thinking that according to your screen capture of phpMyAdmin, the filepath column should say null (or indicate as such in some way) but instead are blank. (The description field should be blank unless there has been a description added. I mention this to distinguish a blank column and a column with null as its contents.)

Did you backup/restore this database table at about the same time as you noticed the admin screen Image Filemanager showing no listings?

If this CC514 was a clean install, did you also allow CC514 to create the entire database for you? CC514 will have set null as default for filepath. The reason I am working with now is that the query to get the list of files to show is filtering against `filepath` IS NULL, which it isn't.

Click the subfolder 'Category.Images' and see if the image "glass.jpg" gets listed.

I'm thinking that according to your screen capture of phpMyAdmin, the filepath column should say null (or indicate as such in some way) but instead are blank. (The description field should be blank unless there has been a description added. I mention this to distinguish a blank column and a column with null as its contents.)

This was EXACTLY the problem. After changing the filepath column to null, everything now works as advertised.

So, how do I think this problem happened? I honestly believe (but it is very possible that I am wrong) that the filepath column was changed from null to "blank" during the restore operation I performed yesterday.

Thanks for helping me get this squared away, bsmither. I really do appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys/Brian,

I also have this issue now for some reason, I have not restored anything at all and I have not upgraded in any way. File manager does not show the list of images and files. I have checked my Database Table and some images have NULL and some do not? I have over 5k images to deal with.

1st - do all the images in MyPHPAdmin have to have NULL in that column for them to show up in the File manager?

2nd - Is there any easy way to change over 5000 images in MyPHPAdmin IE to set that column

Its an on going task to keep this CC5 up and running as it should be!

1. No. The 'filepath' column needs to be either null or contain the name/path of folders to where that image is located.

2. In phpMyAdmin, execute this command (where prefix_ is your database table prefix if one exists, and note the backslash-N, not forward slash):

UPDATE prefix_CubeCart_filemanager SET `filepath` = N WHERE `filepath` = '';

As to why you are having this issue now for some reason, I cannot say, other than a restore from a CubeCart-created backup file, which you say you have not done.

Please remind us of what version you are running. And also please advise us on how you managed to get 5000 images recorded in the CC_filemanager table.

I've updated my Signature for you.

I use WSFTP-LE I have done so for many years, the DIR-INFO feature makes things ow so easy for me. I used FTP to upload over 5700+ images (in 1 upload session) for our product lines, most images are web optimized some high rez. once I uploaded the images, I updated them in file manager (update list)..

CC support has helped out on this one by increasing the memory limit and file size limit, all seems well now. BUT as advised I do need to re-organise images into Sub Folders (around 500 images per folder) as I did in the 1st place but then changed my mind..

Joe.

• 3 months later...

I'm also getting a similar problem. Over 1000 images in the store, current version 5.2.1 upgraded from 4.4.2.

I have checked suggestions above. Entries in database correspond to files in images/source/. Filepath is null both in table structure and in individual records.

The images which were present before the update are working correctly. I can upload an image using the file manager in which case it will replace the main image of the product. However, it is still not visible in the filemanager. I've noticed today that the filemanager won't work for the Blueprint skin either.

imageproblem1.jpg

imageproblem2.jpg