Customers who bought this also bought...

Lastwolf

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17314

There ya go. I only have a rough idea of what I'm doing with plugins, but I'm fairly sure it won't break anything. The hook is really just the existing code for related products from cubecart.class.php, slightly modified to use just the current product ID, so not like I actually had to write much code.

Viola,

Thank you. Iv'e implemented this and it's a welcome edition. I wonder is there a way to pull items from the same category as the main viewed product in order to make the additional products displayed more relevant? I know there are 3rd party mods for this but it would be great if you could suggest a solution using your current plugin?

Thanks again!

It's the same code that displays the related items in the checkout - all I changed was to make it use just the product on the current product page, instead of all products in the cart. So if you add Product X to your cart (and nothing else), you should see the same related items in the checkout as you do on the page for Product X.

Viola,

Hi again. I have found your tips and modifications helpful throughout the forum. Thank you for your contribution. I wanted to pick this thread up again in the hope that you would consider picking up the 'customers who bought this also bought' modification mentioned here and perhaps creating a related products Mod?

I actually think a related products Mod should really part of the core functionality of Cubecart so if any Cubecart staff are reading this please consider giving us this functionality. The functionality appears to exist widley elsewhere and rightly so.

Such a shame that customers are clicking on any given product and are not offered an alternative or related option, its just plain bad for business that this is not available natively!

I searched the 3rd party forum and there appears to be a mod available but the reviews are so bad I have decided to pass.

Back to you Voila! Can you figure somthing out for the benefit of the Cubecart community?

Thanks in advance.