Resolved - Tax not working

Hi,

I tried to install the latest version and I discovered the TAX isn't working. I am stumped to how the calculation is being done, I changed the price of an item to $20 and had a tax rate for CA being 9.75. The price of the item shows up as 31+ which I can't figure out how it got it.

I was hoping product shows the price BEFORE tax.

Thoughts?

-A

I can't help, but someone who can will want to know if this is a clean install or an update - from what. Did it ever work? Please create your sig with such info, so it will be available to those who can help.

Also, do you by chance have Tax Included checked on your product listings? And could you please show a screenshot of your tax settings?

Well, you are right. I would have seen this if I dug deeper into this. What hit me (and I am sharing this because others will encounter this) the exchange rate. I was attempting to setup the cart to only use US $ but for some reason the exchange rate for US $ was still at 1.5 (something) which made the difference.

I was thinking when I removed the VAT option that it was still keeping it. I re-installed the tool to make sure it wasn't because of this. When that failed too I dug deeper and did the DUH slap on the back of the head. Exchange rate for US $ was not 1.0000 it was something different. Definitely not right!

I ran across this with another e-commerce tool where I had to manually change the Tax Rate in the database. It never changed the calculation. So that particular e-commerce tool went away.

I am marking this as resolved - thanks again!