Shipping that works?

Guest sunshine5555

Guest sunshine5555

Apparently the only shipping mod that works is UPS. USPS doesn't work, FEDEX doesn't work. I have been watching this forum for over a month to see if there is any news and so far there isn't. This is not good news.

Is this even on the to-do list??

• 1 month later...
Guest sunshine5555

Well after all this time and no fixes for shipping, I guess it is time for me to look at other ecommerce solutions. This is just sad because I have used Cubecart for several years now.

• 1 month later...
I've posted a bug report on USPS twice now - once resolved - then broken again, but no joy so far. I'm stuck with By_Weight which does not give customers any delivery speed options. With Christmas toy buying season on its way this is bad for us.

i got latest version, how do i just charge a flat rate for shipping?  I can only get UPS to work

Shipping Methods, click Flat Rate.

For the name, enter something, probably "Flat Rate". Enter what you want to charge for shipping and for handling. If your locality charges taxes on the what you collect for postage, select as appropriate. Enable the status, click Save.

You're done.

You will have to provide more detail if it doesn't work for you.

• 4 weeks later...

This is really bad.  I have a customer that none of the shipping options work.. UPS, USPS or FedEx. They have accounts, there all setup correctly.   Their products are all heavy.. some as much as 54lbs.  This is so disappointing. I have 25 clients and all are starting to contact me about shipping issues.  I've removed all plugins and still no luck.. I don't get it..  I'm really frustrated and it is costing us money now.

I think you are saying that one of your 25 customers entered a bad zip code?

What are the complaints about shipping issues from your other 24 customers?

You have not provided any real information we can use to begin asking pertinent questions to help locate the trouble.

Always feel free to mention the exact version of CubeCart, PHP, the server its running on, etc. You can find this at the Dashboard, Store Info tab.

I can confirm that the updated FedEx shipping module in version 5.2.1 does finally work! So it looks like for us in the USA, UPS, FedEx and USPS are all functioning, although I am not using USPS at the moment.

The FedEx module is a bit confusing so I figured I would share how I got it working today:

First, you must go into your FedEx account and sign up for FedEx Web Services in order to obtain a production/test key/meter number and password. IMPORTANT: Password and meter number will be different than what is on the main account, so you'll want to be sure to enter the web services password/meter number on the module config in Cubecart. If you have questions on this call FedEx and ask for Web Services support, I had to a couple times.

Second, before enabling the FedEx shipping module, verify both SOAP and OpenSSL are enabled in your PHP config. It will not work unless they are.

Hope this helps!

I am really struggling with shipping and other things at checkout.

As our products are very light, we need to charge by value of order, I have set up zones for UK, Europe, R of the W but at checkout customer cannot select, standard post or next day as the update button does nothing, neither does the value of postage increase if the customer goes over the amount set in the shipping table

Customers seem unable to purchase unless the are logged in, not everyone wants to set up an account

If you view basket there is no checkout button!

Any pointers greatly appreciated, NEWBIE coming over from Sellerdeck, feel free to have a look at www.sist-trees.co.uk

Many Thanks
Steven Bird

• 2 months later...