Unregistered customer by default?

Guest onelastreach

Guest onelastreach

In V5 is there a way to have the customers be unregistered by default? We're a wholesale company that requires a valid resale certificate to be a customer. I want the ability to "approve" each customer when they register before they can view pricing...

In V5 we used Goober's must login to view pricing Mod and it worked perfectly..

Thanks

Brian

Guest onelastreach

No luck on the existing 3rd party mods..

Or is there a way to disable new customer registration? IE: You click on the register link and it brings up a form to request permission to register?

Really need some help on this one, my store is off line until I can get this issue resolved.

Three ways you can go about it really that I can see, if you want it to be foolproof.. the first would be to change the coding that handles registrations on the front end, get it to assign them a random password so they can't login when they've filled it in (which also necessitates removing any forgotten password functionality), then remove the code which auto logs them in after registration, instead perhaps redirecting to a success page hidden site doc.

Probably relatively simple to do in theory, but not a very elegant solution

Second way would be to modify it so that they not only have to be logged in to order/view prices, but also have to have a particular flag set on their account, where you can essentially mark them in admin whether they've been validated or not. I'm not really sure how many places, or indeed where, you would need to edit that into the code though, so not a clue whether or not that would be easier to do, but it would affect the actual running of the store less

Both options I suspect however won't be workable with hooks, and so will need to be careful when upgrading the store not to lose it.

The final way would be similar to what you suggested, just code it directly into the registration page that it just redirects them to your contact page, ideally with a little GET variable on the end so that it displays a message telling them why they can't just register. Probably the simplest solution, but would require you to do most of the legwork when it comes to adding the customer information, which may add up if you're going to have lots of them