What is the Export URL for in 5.1.5?

Dirty Butter

There seems to be a new security(?) feature:

On the admin Store Settings, Advanced tab, Other group (at the bottom of the page), you can enter some sort of "Product Feed Access Password" (fak) (there is no Help for this when I checked).

This must be a very preliminary step in a more complete feature because I cannot find where the value of this "password" (or fak) is actually used anywhere. Plus the HTML for this link is not perfect:

?_g=products&

node=export&

page=1&

per_page=5000&

format=$format_key&amp; <<=== where format_key is GoogleBase or ShopZilla, etc

node=export&amp; <<==== Duplicate

access=feed_access_key <<===== Not imperative that fak even exists

If access= is not in the URL, then a function, deliverFile() will be used to provide the user with an actual file to download. Otherwise, a simple echo command will spit the contents of the export data out as plain text.

I see this as a future (but currently incomplete) feature that may prohibit unauthorized access to export reports of product inventory.

I see nothing in the bug tracker that might pertain to this.

yes Im very interested to know how this works, I was told by a CC member/admin that they were working on a more comprehensive UPDATE tool (we very much need this asap) but alas the update did not bring this this time.. maybe next..