Resolved - How to remove update notification in admin panel permanentl

Hi there,

My client is working with 5.14. Now they constantly receive a notification that the shop needs an update when they login in the admin.

Since I payed money to remove all those CC copyright links and stuff the last thing my client (and I) wants to see this annoying notification every time they log in.

So my simple question is: How to remove this update notification permanently?

Kind regards,

Boudi

We don't want to remove the place where error messages are displayed. That would be bad.

But we can stop the Version Check from happening. There are two ways to do this - choose one.

1. In the file /admin/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php at around line 44, change just this part:

if (!isset($_SESSION['version-check'])
to this
if (false && !isset($_SESSION['version-check'])

leaving the rest of the statement as it is.

2. In the file ini.inc.php at around line 61, change '5.1.4' to '5.1.5'

The first choice inhibits the comparison between the currently installed version and the latest version available. So, be sure to occasionally glance at the CubeCart News & Announcements for new releases.

The second choice is a lie that says you are running CC515 even though you are not. This also allows for the possibility that when CC516 comes out, the error message will still come up, and you will be very much aware of that fact. I do not know what other effect lying about the version installed may have on the rest of the store.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your quick respond! I used option 1. Indeed I check sometimes the CC website. Payed updates are always made by CC when I ask them to.

Again thanks. This topic is resolved now.

Kind regards,

Boudi