Ini set warnings ini_set()

CaptainKaos

The service provider had did some security updates to the server which which i got the ini_set() set warnings - i think he said a lot was deprecated??

100% not understanding the implications to this to cube cart

1 thing i found is that after he added a # (eg below) to the start of the line where the code is so not to show the warnings where i was told every thing would be ok (false) it has caused more issues

I did try a clean install to v 5.15? and get same ini set error on the clean install (does not even allow me to finish install)

So problem i have

1: Old shop does work BUT i get a Access denied when an admin tries to login (one error i can see that now has it broken)

2: If i try to upgrade 5.08 to 5.15 it breaks http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/shopping/setup/index.php errors just show up

3: can not install on server with its new security settings

Looking for some direction or advice is there a fix for CC as it looks like it relies ini code for a lot of stuff

Grant

eg: #ini_set('display_errors', true);

Old post with error list last week

Grant

"I think he said a lot was deprecated??"

You say you think? You can't recall what the service provider said about ini_inc()? This PHP function is certainly not deprecated.

In the file ini.inc.php line:

(27): ini_set('register_globals', false); <= register_globals is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and removed in PHP 5.4

(28): ini_set('register_long_arrays', false); register_long_arrays is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and removed in PHP 5.4

(29): ini_set('magic_quotes_gpc', false); magic_quotes_gpc is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and removed in PHP 5.4

(30): ini_set('magic_quotes_runtime', false); <= magic_quotes_runtime is removed as of PHP 5.4.

But disabling ini_set() for security purposes is stupid. I would contact your server dude and insist on a work-around.