Resolved - Product and category pages not displaying.

Guest CalumMac35

Guest CalumMac35

Hi, I've got an issue with my site that I hope someone can help with.

Yesterday my site stopped displaying any of the content or category pages on my site.

The site is at www.bangzaptoys.co.uk and cubecart v4 is installed in /shop/

When I go to http://www.bangzaptoys.co.uk/shop/ the cart home page displays and when I log into the back end all of the categorys and products are there.

But when I click into any product or category the home page content is displayed. The correct URLs are still displayed but the appropriate cubecart content is not.

I have checked the files on the server and all seems well, The HT access is showing no changes and I haven't made any changes in the last few days.

Any ideas anyone? It's driving me nuts.

Yeah, it's because of the folder structure of the safe links, it's breaking the link to the css. What you could do is open up the global cart and index templates from within the skin, go through the references in the header at the top of the page (generally looking for things like these:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/nivo-slider.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script src="jq/jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

And try changing the links to one that always references from the base of the store, in this particular case, it would likely be adding /shop/ at the start, so:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/shop/css/nivo-slider.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script src="/shop/jq/jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Will provide a fix for the current issue, but the downside is that if you move the shop out of that /shop/ folder, they'll stop working again and need the links changing, may or may not be an issue for you

Guest CalumMac

Thanks for looking guys. Unfortunately its not the CSS thats the problem. When clicking on either of the categories below the content that is being displayed is actually the same as the content on home page. What is happening at the moment is that every shop url that is selected is displaying the home page content and not the appropriate category or product info.

http://www.bangzaptoys.co.uk/shop/star-wars-toys/cat_5.html

http://www.bangzaptoys.co.uk/shop/transformers-toys/cat_4.html

Well your category pages work if you don't use the seo url (http://www.bangzaptoys.co.uk/shop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=4)

Disable the seo urls and see if that fixes it. If it does, then the issue is most likely with either the .htaccess file you are using or the server your on.

It might be that your host did an update that has caused a conflict.

If the issue continues, let us know.

You can email me direct at [email protected] if you'd like me to take a look.

Regards

Guest CalumMac

I've disabled the htaccess and the pages are working. So now I've just got to figure out how to get my seo friendly URLs working again. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Guest CalumMac

All is well and working again so thanks for the help all. I added the following to my htaccess file (before the standard cubecart ht access code ) which seems to have done the trick.

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /shop/

So the full htaccess is now

## Activate the mod_rewrite Engine

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /shop/

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteRule cat_([0-9]+)(.[a-z]{3,4})?(.*)$ index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule prod_([0-9]+)(.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule info_([0-9]+)(.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule tell_([0-9]+)(.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=tellafriend&productId=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule _saleItems(.[a-z]+)?(?.*)?$ index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=saleItems&%1 [NC,L]