Customer account after purchase

salvador21

It seems that if a customer makes a purchase without registering, they are then unable to register subsequently, the following message appears when attempting to register:

The following errors were detected:

• That email address is already being used.

Is there a reason why they should not be allowed to register after making a purchase?

That is a bug (but I don't know if it has been reported).

In looking at the code for several other issues, I did notice that "ghost" customers will have a problem when trying to order again as a "ghost" customer, as well as trying to convert themselves from a "ghost" to a "regular" customer.

I don't know what will happen if an administrator tries to convert a ghost customer in the admin Customer List screen.

I don't know what will happen if an administrator tries to convert a ghost customer in the admin Customer List screen.

I tried that , it seems to work. ie an account is created and they can log in with the password created by the admin, however, even though there is a valid (reset) download link, there is only an download expired message in the customer account area.

My reason for this query is connected with my other thread, ie what to do if an unregistered customer doesn't get, or loses, their download link email.

If they (or I) can register an account for them that should at least be a workaround, but it seems that it won't work if their link says expired there, even though it isn't.

Odd.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I also get
The following errors were detected:
That email address is already being used.

I would like for people to have the option to checkout as a guest even if they have purchased an item in the past.

I do not have digital items. It's all bicycle parts. Taking credit card and Paypal payments.

In Cubecart 3 (which we upgraded from), we had an Express Checkout option for people who didn't want to log in even if they already have an account. Can that be added to CC5?

Right now, if a customer purchases something a month ago, for example, an account is automatically created for him. Then he comes back again a month later, but can't simply make a purchase and gets the warning about how his email address is already in use. He probably won't know his loginsince it was automatically created on the first purchase) and would have to do the "forgot password" thing. I would like to have the guest checkout not require someone to log in, even if they were a previous customer.

Possible? How?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...