Delete memory on costumers, view, etc.

zznic

Good morning,

looking at the sales statistics of my shop I notice that it shows in the highest positions products that I no longer carry, same things happen with the best costumers, some of them haven't made a purchase in the last three years. Is there any way to have an year based statistic or at least to start it from one specific point or from the beginning of the current year? I'd really like ot get rid of those products showing among the Popular Products on the main page, it makes no sense

thanks in advance for your kind help

regards

Nicola :D

Admin/Maintenance/Rebuild/Reset all product view counts takes care of making Popular Products current, I think, but I'm not sure. I don't use Popular Products.

Getting the customer list to be for a segment of time would require some extra coding, but hopefully is doable.

Please create your signature, so those who would be able to help you will know about your setup, version, upgrade history, etc.

Thanks a lot DB, at least I managed to reset the popular products and it shows a recent history. I'd be happy to update my signature but I have nother stupid question, where am I supposed to find the version of the program I'm using, there's no sort of "about" link in th admin CP.

ciao

Nicola

Click the Dashboard link in the Breadcrumbs (the breadcrumbs is at the upper-left of the main view area, just under any tabs that may be lined up). Then click Store Overview.

Adding a "Start Statistics From..." config setting is very do-able. If it is a minor hack, then we can talk about it here. If more than minor, we will discuss it over at www.cubecartforums.org.

If you look at the Sales Reports screens, you will see a Filter tab. On this tab, you can choose arbitrary begin and end dates.

In considering the Statistics screen, would you prefer the same means of selecting dates? Or, there can be a setting added in the general Store Settings that will let the admin select the behavior of the statistics graphs:

* For all time

* For the past X Calendar Years

* Only this year (Year-to-Date)

* For the past Y Calendar Months

* From this specific Z date

For you, which approach would best suit your needs?

If you look at the Sales Reports screens, you will see a Filter tab. On this tab, you can choose arbitrary begin and end dates.

In considering the Statistics screen, would you prefer the same means of selecting dates? Or, there can be a setting added in the general Store Settings that will let the admin select the behavior of the statistics graphs:

* For all time

* For the past X Calendar Years

* Only this year (Year-to-Date)

* For the past Y Calendar Months

* From this specific Z date

For you, which approach would best suit your needs?

Hi, I'm not very expert on this so my reply could be funny but I think the best option would be to be able to select from which date you would like to have your statistics start from, in fact certain products might become obsolete from one year to another. As far as the costumers, I might be interested in knowing who have been the bests the previous year, but not those who bought in the shop three years ago. I hope I have explained myself properly

thanks again, ciao

Nicola :D

• 9 months later...

With regard to Popular Products and Popularity...

The items chosen for the Popular Products box is from a query that gets the highest counts from either sales or views. Sales can be filtered on a date range, but views cannot.

In admin, Statistics, we already have the Best Selling and that can be filtered on a date range. But Most Viewed Products is based solely on product page views and there is no tracking by date on that.