Wholesale or "Trade" Customer log in

EagleAD

Is it possible to have on a "Retail" web site a different category for "wholesale" or "trade" customers?  These customers would have to log in and get approved as legitimate trade customers so they can view wholesale pricing.  They also have to buy a minimum $ quantity to get this pricing. 

Anyone have a clue on how to accomplish this or is it even possible to do.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Welcome EagleAD! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart 5 has the functionality of creating a Customer Group. This is a named group that you can then apply against any customer.

Additionally, You can apply this group to any product. When doing so, you can choose from any of the tax classes you have already set up.

For example, in Customer List, Customer Groups tab, create a group called 'Tax-Exempt'. For the description, you can say, "Registered for VAT in their own country."

Then, bring a customer up for editing, Customer Groups tab, and select from the "Add Group Membership" drop-down the 'Tax-Exempt' name. Click Save.

Then, bring a product up for editing, Pricing tab, and select from the drop-down selector just under Pricing the Tax-Exempt name. The pricing fields will blank out, ready for you to fill in whatever pricing you want for the Tax-Exempt group, including the tax class.

There is no minimum quantity feature in CubeCart (yet), but on the pricing page, you can try something silly. Set the normal retail price to $1-Million dollars. Then, In the Quantity Discount section, you can have "3 at $9.95". That will certainly entice the customer to put at least three of this item in their shopping basket.

Thanks for the reply, I'm leaning towards setting up a complete different web site for my wholesale customers, might be easier to manage.  Can you in CubeCart force customers to set up an account and have that account approved by me before they can see any prices?

The idea here is that stores can see the wholesale prices after I've ensured that they do have a store.  Regular retail customers should not be able to see what stores actually pay for the merchandise that they resell.

"Can you force customers to set up an account and have that account approved by me before they can see any prices?"

There is a setting that will hide prices until logged in (does not affect an admin looking at the storefront). But there is no approval process.

I've seen a mod at www.cubecartforums,org that offers an approval capability.