Ver 4.2.1 switch to new server with issues

Guest Puterman

Guest Puterman

Hi,

I just recently switched a clients Cubecart from a shared server to a dedicated server. They are currently running 4.2.1 with PHP 5.2.X on the shared server. When transferred over to the dedicated server running PHP 5.3.X we receive all sorts of PHP errors along with the inability to access the admin section.

The transfer was performed via a CPANEL transfer.

Aside from the obvious END OF LIFE for version 4, will upgrading to ver. 5.15 help with the PHP issues?

I hope that made sense, thanks,

Joe AKA Puterman

Upgrading will cause those PHP errors to go away.

Since CC421 is rather old, I will make a bet that the errors had something to do with:

The function eregi() is deprecated.

Not being able to access the admin section, however, may have something to do with the new server having a new domain name or a new IP address. I do not know which, if not both, need to be managed in your Cubecart's account at cp.cubecart.com. Nor do I know if that's the cause of your problem.

Or, it could be the SSL certificate did not carry over - if the admin was set to use SSL. But do you at least get the admin log on screen?

But do give serious thought to upgrading to CC5.

Upgrading to the last v4 release would likely solve the current PHP issues if you didn't want to move to v5. It depends on the mods you have installed, and the skin you are using.... v5 skins and mods are not compatible. For v4 assistance and upgrade, you should move th conversation over to cubecartforums.org for third-party help.