Country/State v3 to v5 conversion

bkessler91

So I just upgraded to v5 from v3.  In v3 there was a text box that would allow the customer to type in their State.  Now that I have upgraded to v5 there is a drop down menu for "State"

I am running into problems that customers who registered in v3 placed PA or Pa or Pa. or Penna. for Pennsylvania. Other example, Wa. or WA or Wash. for Washington

I am in PA and only charge tax for PA customers. So those who typed in Pa or Pa.... v5 does not recognize, and does not apply tax to the order.

Any suggestions?

It is trickier than that.

I am led to believe that CC5 will understand a full state name as a temporary measure. Ideally, the various columns that store a 'zone' (state/county/province/etc) will use the zone table's 'id' index number.

And I am certain that certain functions (tax, maybe others) will only use the zone's 'id' number.

How many customers do you have? If less than 100, you could try to manually change the name to a number. Use a utility like phpMyAdmin, a tool commonly provided in the control panel of your hosted server account.

If there are too many to handle manually (and you will need to process the addressbook and order_summary tables), I could work with you to write a script that would try to recognize state names and convert to the 'id' number.

How many customers do you have? If less than 100, you could try to manually change the name to a number. Use a utility like phpMyAdmin, a tool commonly provided in the control panel of your hosted server account.

If there are too many to handle manually (and you will need to process the addressbook and order_summary tables), I could work with you to write a script that would try to recognize state names and convert to the 'id' number.

2900 customers...