Card Capture - Can't view card details

Household 6 Designs

I am using card capture as a payment gateway. Version 5.0.7 of cubecart. I had a customer submit an order using a credit card, however there is no where to view the credit card info so I can process it. I have SSL enabled as well as force SSL enabled. I am logging into the admin control panel under the https:// url. I click on order details and from what I gather there is suppose to be a credit card tab, however there isn't. I have attached a screenshot (well I tried to but it keeps telling me the server returned an error during upload).

So where can I view the credit card details?

Yes, there should be a tab for the credit card details. Please check these two things:

View the Transactions tab for this order. Be sure there is the phrase "Card Details captured ready for processing offline." listed.

Then, if you can, use a utility like phpMyAdmin and view the CubeCart_order_summary table. Find that cart order number and be sure there is something in the 'offline_capture' field.

If those two things are good, then we need to start looking elsewhere.

No, they used their credit card via the card capture payment module. This order is not in the transaction logs. In fact the only ones that show there are the ones that have used paypal or print order form and even then it doesn't show all the transactions. There are 8 orders in the transaction log, even though there has been a total of 20 orders.

In comparing the Card Capture module code between CC507 and CC515, the only real difference I see involves American Express.

For this module, do you accept American Express, and then do you require the CVV2 code?

Of the missing transactions in the log, can you determine which of those may have used Amex?

Back to your saying that none of the twenty orders have the Transaction Logs tab. Please know that only those orders that have moved past Pending status will have anything put in the transaction logs.

Can you verify that some of the "missing" orders in the transaction logs are in the Processing or later statuses?

In the meantime, if you are able, open the file modulesgatewayCard_Capturegateway.class.php for editing (using a programmer's text editor) and in line 369, change "AMERICAN EXPRESS" to "Amex".

Yes we accept American Express and yes we require the CVV code (there is no option for CVV2).

None of the transactions that are missing in the log used Amex. This is the first time that the card capture has ever been used. All other transactions have either been done with paypal standard or the print order form modules.

Of the 20 transactions only 2 are pending the other 18 have a status of complete, so I guess that would mean that 10 are missing from the log.

Also the card that was used here is a discover card I believe.

No I have never cleared any of the logs. 

Here is what is under the History tab for that order (mind you I have not changed anything for this order, so I am not sure why there is so many "events":

Status Date/Time Pending Today, 07:42 Processing Yesterday, 23:24 Pending Yesterday, 21:36 Pending Yesterday, 21:34 Pending Yesterday, 21:34 Pending Yesterday, 21:33 Pending Yesterday, 21:33 Pending Yesterday, 21:30 Pending Yesterday, 21:29 Pending Yesterday, 21:28 Pending Yesterday, 21:26

I've only seen that when the customer (me in disguise) was bouncing around rather wildly, viewing the cart, returning to shopping, adding new items, deleting items, changing addresses, trying invalid credit card numbers  -- generally trying to break CubeCart.

I'm not saying that's what this customer was doing.

I have no more questions for you. So, I will install CC507 and add my typical diagnostic tracer code to see if CC507 has some peculiar bug. Then see if the same bug exists in CC515.

Of course, Devellion's reply, should you choose to submit a support ticket, would probably be "Upgrade to the latest version, test, then get in contact with us."

This is actually my Mom's install, but I am the "tech" person for it. I told her to submit a ticket (with what to say) which she did several hours ago. I was thinking of upgrading (need to anyway) just to see if it would fix anything. I handle everything on the back end (she's too scared to). The only thing she does is add products and set orders to complete with tracking info and shipping date.

I logged into my own which I think is the same version, and I don't have the Credit Card tab either when viewing the order, but then again no one has tried to use a credit card (all have been through paypal and print order form) so I am assuming that's why. I may just do a test order on my own to see if a credit card tab appears.

Yes they are separate installs. The only difference with hers, is she purchased the copyright removal key and I did not. I don't think anything would be different server wise as she is on the same server as me under my hosting account (I have a reseller account). But I will check.

Both enabled with the same info under both.

I traced out the program flow for the Card Capture gateway and made a test order (for CC507). I was logged in as a regular customer.

(Other than the known errors that CC507 has) I found no problems. The order processed successfully. I will check a few other places that the proper data got put in the proper places.

One difference I need to make an experiment with is if the customer chose to checkout without creating an account first.

Can you verify if the problem order was made by a customer who did not create an account? In the admin screen Orders list, the customer icon will be (what looks like) a ghost as opposed to a stylized head/torso "person".

It is a customer account on hers (the problem one).

On mine I was logged in as a customer also (the one that worked).

The only other difference is her customer used a discover card and the test order I made on mine I used a Visa. Not sure if that would make a difference or not. That is the only difference I see as of right now. Other than the fact under the history tab of the order it had all those transactions as to where mine just had 2 entries.

Ok so more info. I looked in my database to see what it said under gateway under the order summary table (remember mine is working as it should). It says card_capture and remember hers says Paypal Pro even though she doesn't have Paypal Pro enabled AND the customer used the card capture mod.

The 'ghost' customer's purchase was processed with no problems.

The only other variable I see that is present is whether the customer is making a purchase under SSL communications. Was your experiment performed under SSL?

No difference as to whether Visa or Discover is used. (Amex is a problem.) I used the Visa universal dummy card number.

Both of ours had SSL enabled, HOWEVER on hers (the problem one) the force SSL was set to no at the time of purchase as to where mine has always been set to force SSL. I remember this because when she told me of this issue I did a search here and one of the threads said to make sure SSL was enabled (which it was, but the force SSL was not so I thought that might do the trick and turned it on). So at the time of that purchase force SSL was not enabled even though the SSL was enabled. So I have no idea if her customer was doing it SSL or not.

When I did my test order through my install, I was doing it under SSL (I had the force SSL enabled so even when I typed in http it redirected it to https). I have not tried to do it without SSL enabled.

Ok so I have more info.

The customer, tried at first to use Paypal, but couldn't remember her password, so she came back to the store and tried instead to input her discover card but to her it didn't appear to go through (no idea what she actually means by that). So she gave up. However, it still submitted the order to the backend and she (the customer) received an email stating that the order went through along with the order number, so she thought it did go through after all. My Mom pulled one of the logs and sent it to me and it shows all but 4 of the numbers used for the credit card number as well as the expiration date and CCV number.

So it appears to be some weird sort of circumstance that caused it. I think it's still weird that for the gateway it states that paypal-pro was used even though that's not enabled?

Anyway, she put in a support ticket but was told it's a paypal issue and that she needs to update her store to the current version (of course). So hopefully this was some sort of freak thing due to the customer not being able to log into paypal and coming back to the store to try again. That makes sense with all the activity under the history tab within the order. Although it doesn't really explain why the card capture apparently did not work and why an order was still generated.

An order number is generated early in the checkout process -- a number of steps prior to choosing by what method the customer wants to pay.

It is not beyond belief that CubeCart 507 will not update the Order Summary info from the gateway originally chosen: from PayPal (or whatever) to Card Capture.

And the log being sent to you -- what log is this? As best I can tell, CubeCart 507 does not hide any of the numbers in the Card Info tab of the Order Summary screen.

The email that the customer gets for a "Confirmation" of the order is hideously misleading.

Please view the gateway control panel for each of the enabled gateways and note the web address used to view it, such as:

/admin.php?_g=modules&type=gateway&module=Card_Capture

Maybe the PayPal gateway you are using is actually the PayPal Pro plugin and not the PayPal gateway:

/admin.php?_g=modules&type=plugins&module=PayPal_Pro

This is the url to the Paypal Gateway we are using: /admin.php?_g=modules&type=gateway&module=PayPal (it's not the pro one).

I have no idea what log it was, she sent it to me in an email. Remember she never had a card info tab. The card details were part of a log file she sent me (I'll have to ask her where she got it).

I thought however that if the order was abandoned or not actually "placed" as in a payment not going through or if the customer didn't follow through with checkout process, that an order would not be generated in the back end?

As an analogy, an "order" is "placed" when the customer brings their shopping basket to the Checkout register. This is not the same as "View Cart", although the customer must pass through the View Cart stage to begin checking out.

When checking out process begins, the order is created and placed in a Pending stage until payment has been approved. But this is still a legitimate order.

A customer can abandon a shopping basket, and can abandon an order (if the customer never could manage to pay for it). The customer can resume shopping with their basket, and the customer can again attempt to make payment on their order. The admin can set a time limit when Pending orders are expired from CubeCart's database.

The store manager has a choice as to when an item is to be decremented from inventory: when the order is at Pending (so, the item is off the shelf and at the checkout) or when the order is at Processing (so, the item is actually paid for).

So basically once they click on checkout, the order is sent to the admin area as pending? It would be nice if it was only sent in as an order once they chose the payment method (since people to abandon their carts). That to me would make more sense, to me anyway. I am going to take a wild guess and probably say there is no way to change that?

P.S. Thanks for all your help!

I write all customers whose orders stay at Pending. I agree with you, Designs, it would be great if the Pending Order status came a bit later in the scheme of things, when they had actually chosen a payment gateway, so you know they really intended to make the purchase.

Very seldom do I get a reply to my email asking if they need help completing the order, and I'm sure that's why - they probably took it that far to see what actual shipping/taxes was going to be - and then abandoned to compare on other sites, etc.