Upgrade from 5.1.5 to 5.2 Products not showing

Brian T

** FIX HERE ** http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/46974-resolved-upgrade-from-515-to-52-products-not-showing/?p=191731

I've jsut upgraded my cubecart from 5.1.5 to 5.2 (dut to a big red message at the top of the admin area prompting me to do this).

In doing so, it's saying "No products Found" when I click on any of the categories.

The products still appear to be there when I go into the products section of the admin area.

Anyone got any clues as to why they're not showing on the website.

Hi

I also upgraded through the admin area, but my products are still not showing through the categories.

sadly i have been messing with the assign to categories to find a way of getting them back, so this may be a reason they haven't returned after looking at these posts and changing over skins

could anyone help further, please

Since you have been working with the Assign to category, I would just start out with getting your current database for products removed and uploading your back up. 

After that log into the admin panel, click Maintenance - then the rebuild tab on the top and clear all sections under cache. Check products for operation and correct display. If they do not show up I would change the skin, save it, revert to your original skin save it, then clear the cache and check again. 

Good Luck. 

Hi all. It seems that upgrade system has skipped the SQL update and PHP code update. This worked in the beta but stopped working due to the order files are executed after beta. Frustrating and hard to have predicted. The 5.2.0 package has been updated.

There are two options;

1. Restore the store and upgrade again with a fresh download of the package.

2. You can manually run the SQL code in the setup/db/upgrade/5.2.0(b1).sql file. After that has been done please login to the admin side of your store and update the settings. Please be sure to check the value of the setting in the attached screenshot. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Our demo store was upgraded from the beta to final so this issue was overlooked. 

1408548.gif

Hi

I tried to run this manually, but got this error message:

Error

SQL query:

ALTERTABLE`CubeCart_option_assign`DROP`option_use_stock` ,
DROP`option_stock` ;

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1091 - Can't DROP 'option_use_stock'; check that column/key exists

Is it because i changed the skin back and forth?

and as my categories are showing now, do I have to run this mySQL still or is it ok now?

Hi

I tried to run this manually, but got this error message:

Error

SQL query:

ALTERTABLE`CubeCart_option_assign`DROP`option_use_stock` ,

DROP`option_stock` ;

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1091 - Can't DROP 'option_use_stock'; check that column/key exists

Is it because i changed the skin back and forth?

and as my categories are showing now, do I have to run this mySQL still or is it ok now?

Got the same above error!

Problem with my upgrade is that the prices are gone! Instead of prices it now says: "Login to watch price" (translated from Dutch).

I only can change this in original working state If I check the "Allow out-of-stock purchases" in the main settings - Stock.

Urgent help needed!

Regards,

Boudi

Guest pauldraycott

Hi, I've just updated our shop from 5.15 to 5.20 and the only error I got was no items in the shop categories, which was initially a worry but after changing the 'product list sorting ' in store settings then layout, changed it to date_added and asc (assending) and then everything worked fine !!

i tried to update from 5.1.5 to 5.2 and the same thing happened to me about the pictures not showing and it deleted a few catagories. but i changed the front skin and now it seems to work but i got an error. do you know what this is and how to fix it?

[30-Jan-2013 05:18:46] PHP Notice:  `enabled` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_code_snippet' table! in /home/slic535/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 794
[30-Jan-2013 05:18:49] PHP Notice:  `enabled` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_code_snippet' table! in /home/slic535/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 794
[30-Jan-2013 05:18:52] PHP Notice:  `enabled` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_code_snippet' table! in /home/slic535/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 794
[30-Jan-2013 05:18:54] PHP Notice:  `enabled` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_code_snippet' table! in /home/slic535/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 794
[29-Jan-2013 23:18:54] PHP Notice:  `product_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_option_matrix' table! in /home/slic535/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 794
[29-Jan-2013 23:18:54] PHP Notice:  `options_identifier` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_option_matrix' table! in /home/slic535/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 794
[29-Jan-2013 23:18:54] PHP Notice:  `status` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_option_matrix' table! in /home/slic535/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 794

This is indicative that the tables being referenced, CubeCart_option_matrix and CubeCart_code_snippet, do not exist.

They do not exist because there was an error in how CubeCart determined the proper sequence of upgrade steps.

Devellion released a second build the next day (but has the same version number) that fixed the upgrade sequence.

What to about it? We really hope you can restore your store back to CC514 (particularly the database), upload the latest build of CC520 to your site, then let Cubecart upgrade the database as it should have.

How can you tell what build you have? When looking at the contents of the ZIP file within an archiving utility (that is, not yet extracted), you will see folders with dates of Jan 22, 2013 (first build) or Jan 23, 2013 (second and latest build).

Also know that we infer from comments made by Devellion that CC521 is to be released in a few days.

You will also notice the occasional:

PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() /classes/cubecart.class.php on line 1450
PHP Warning:  ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /classes/cubecart.class.php on line 1477

It's not fatal and doesn't cause any misbehaviors, and I'm certain Devellion will fix these when they have time.