Question about upgrade to 5.20- what happens to current product optio

Ms Holly

Before I upgrade to 5.20 from 5.1.4 can you please tell me what happens to current product options

Do current product options transfer over ?

When you turn on the functionality does the stock level for product options get set to 0 or 1?

Do product options currently set as X not avaiable become avaiable again?

So I guess whats behind my quesiton is I have about 1300 products with product options - can I slowly add the stock levels for each option or do I need to do it all at once?

As an aside I am very excited about this upgrade - I have been lost since a 3rd party stock level app stopped working. 

First, wait until the next build is released. There is a minor code tweak needed to resolve an anomaly regarding stock levels.

I'll answer your questions as I come up with something useful. This is based on my shredding the code and some fleeting observations, not because I've extensively run CubeCart through all its feature set. So I could be a smidgen less than 100% on some of these responses.

"What happens to current product options."

They are untouched. There is a minor adjustment to the option_assign table that removes two columns that belonged to an early stock level per option attempt (not completed), and added a column that indicates to use the matrix.

"Do current product options transfer over?"

CC520 will use the current options.

"When you turn on the functionality does the stock level for product options get set to 0 or 1?"

Each row of the matrix is initialized to be disabled and have zero stock. Each row of the matrix is a unique combination of all the options.

"Do product options currently set as X (not available) become available again?"

I would assume it's still your choice to enable or keep disabled. As well as any possible matrix row containing that option also becoming enable-able.

"Can I slowly add the stock levels for each option or do I need to do it all at once?"

In piecemeal as often as you see fit.

The way I see it, you have a choice of showing the maximum stock level amongst all the option combinations, or (not sure about the 'or') the total reported for the item as a whole. For example:

Flashlights: three colors and two sizes = six combinations. You can say you have 50 flashlights, or you can say you have 3 red, three-cell units and 10 black, two-cell units, etc. (Again, not sure about the 'or').

Even with this current build, once you start loading the matrix for a product, the anomaly regarding stock levels for that product should go away.