Product Options and stock levels - how?

ploughguy

Hi fellow Cubecarters,

I'd like to pick up this thread again. Has anyone got any further with the Options Matrix? I have found it to be completely without purpose in my version of V5 2.2. There is absolutely no relationship between the stock levels defined in the options matrix and what is available to the customer at the front end of the store.

I have tried every combination I can think of between 'General' 'use stock level' and the 'Options Matrix' 'use stock level' no combination gives the desired results.

If I have the stock number set to 1 in the 'use stock level' of the 'options matrix' you can still go ahead and order as many as you like at the front end. If I set the 'use stock level' to 0 it wont be out of stock and you can still order as many as you like. The only thing that controls actual stock levels on my version is the 'use stock level' field under 'general' which is no help at all when you have different stock levels for different variations of the same product. So essentially I am in exactly the same place I was before the matrix became available. Am I missing something? Why is it there? Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Wow, here we are a year later.  I am still using 4.3.4 with Estelle's mods.

I have a list of 30 new requirements that have built up over the last year and I am reluctant to put more time into 4.3.4 development so I am keen to upgrade, but only if it will cause less pain than 4.3.4.

Has the situation with Stock Levels for Product Options improved in version 5 to the point where it can be used?

I have been updating 6.0.1 as the betas come out, and I am now at the point of trying to get the stock options to work again.  It is still very mysterious.  I don't know how much of it is beta bugs and how much is stuff that never worked in version 5.  I gave up after the dialog above and went back to living a quiet, enjoyable life.

I notice the documentation situation does not seem to have improved - the option matrix stuff is still as obtuse as ever.

I am reluctant to spend too much time on this now until I hear that other poor sap has actually got it to work.  Did someone mention SAP?  Now that's an idea...

PG

hi

There is an active thread on here where people (mainly Brian with contributions from Al and Toucan) are looking at and developing a way to do this and hopefully if this combined group can get a solution then it may get added to V6 core but at the moment it is not there although there are also open enhancement requests in the github for additional functionality around this issue if you would like to check and add your own comments.

In terms of other functionality, if there are things that are not in V6 yet that you would like then the best thing would be to add them as an enhancement request in github or you can request that a developer creates a commercial plugin that can be added to the extensions marketplace

Thanks

Ian

"Hi PG,

Of course it works ... it's been a year and this is a highly desirable feature.  

The comprehensive yet entertaining documentation can be found here.

Optimistic regards,

Ian"

Ian, why did you not offer me an answer like this?  It involves much less typing, and it would have made me soooo happy.

OK, OK, I will go hang out in the glum and disconsolate company of Brian, Al and Toucan.  It is 9:25 am and they are probably already drowning their sorrows in the nook at the Raven and Wheelbarrow.  I shall seek them there.

PG

My project is coming along nicely!

I just got the javascript to make the ajax call with the correct data, and the responder code in CubeCart is spitting back the correct answer.

Again, this is where the customer makes all the relevant option choices and when that happens, an ajax call receives how many are in stock for that combination.

Just need to "put the data in the div" (and the "lime in the coconut").

Ian, why did you not offer me an answer like this?  It involves much less typing, and it would have made me soooo happy.

OK, OK, I will go hang out in the glum and disconsolate company of Brian, Al and Toucan.  It is 9:25 am and they are probably already drowning their sorrows in the nook at the Raven and Wheelbarrow.  I shall seek them there.

PG

LOL - I would have loved to and judging by Brian's response below, give it a few days / a week, we may be able to say that although cant guarantee the link to the comprehensive documentation !

As it was Friday evening (UK time anyway) when you answered, I am sure Al was down the pub (as was I), although cannot answer for Brian (where it was only mid afternoon) and can guarantee that neither Al nor I would have been glum or disconsolate company !

My project is coming along nicely!

I just got the javascript to make the ajax call with the correct data, and the responder code in CubeCart is spitting back the correct answer.

Great news Brian ! You have my email address so please contact me if you would like some additional testing done covering a range of different skins !

Ian