Resolved - coupon error

fairview

Hi - wow, another  crazy issue popping up.

testing coupons in standard uncustomized Mican Blue 5.2.  The test product has an original price of $55. applied to all products.

If I set the coupon to a fixed amount of $10 and it does not apply to shipping. 

-> The coupon triples and takes $30 off the basket. (the original price was $55 before the coupon in the example attached)

If I set the coupon to a fixed amount of $10, and it does apply to shipping,

-> it takes off $20 plus the value of the shipping, so with free shipping just the $20, and with flat rate shipping it takes off $37.95 (the $30 plus the $7.95 flat shipping).

If i set the coupon to 10% discount it takes off 10% at the item level, then another 20%.

>>>it seems that the coupon is both reducing the price at the line item level and then adding itself in where the discount amount is reflected, and then somehow applying itself one more time.

see attached screen shot of the first example - oops, well I can't find a way to add the screen shot - wouldn't take an image here or let me attach it.

this seems to be a rather serious problem - since I am just in the development stage of working with CC5, I wonder if this is related to release 5.2 or if it is a problem from an earlier release..  Does anyone have any experience with getting the coupons to work properly?

Should this be reported as a bug?

Sue

I do know that coupons are being used. And I conclude (based on the dates of the conversations I have read), they are being used with CC510-CC514. So, whether this is a new issue with CC520, I do not yet know. (I haven't scanned the bug tracker for this as yet.)

As it so happens, many Cubecart owners are trying to get login credentials for the bug tracker. But, whether by malfunction or by intention, the bug tracker is not delivering confirmation emails to those who are wanting accounts.

On the other hand, I'm sure that bugs with the coupon system have come to the attention of the developers.

RESOLVED

Seems I wasn't appling coupons to products properly (to apply to all products, I selected "apply coupon to all except" and left the input area blank.  I needed to select "apply to all the products above" and leave the input area blank.)

For some reason that erroneous configuration was causing the coupon's value to be doubled when the grand total was calculated.