Can't Get free shipping over £150 to work on CC5

Nick F

Hi,

I'm new to the V5 having just upgraded from V3 and whilst i've managed to set up the shipping method by weight ok i can;t seem to get the free shipping to work.

what i need to do is allow all sales over £150.00 to be free but when i set the free shipping up with that value ( with or with the £ symbol ) and activate it, the shopping basket shows it as the cheapest option but everytime anyone tries to check out it just flashes the screen quickly and then returns back to the same basket page as before.  if i select the by weigfht option of postage that will allow me to transfer direct to the payment section fine.  its just the free shipping thats not allowing the basket to move on.

Like i said i'm new to this and not very high tech so any help would be great.

Thanks,

Nick.

hi,

thanks Dirty butter for the add signiture info but i have a few questions

Firstly you say - PLEASE ADD A SIGNATURE TO YOUR PROFILE with pertinent version information (Edit your Profile and you will see the Signature choice on the Left)

When i go to edit ' My Profile ' profile there is no signiture section on the left?

also when i figure out where the signiture bit is, where do i find the other info you need?  we've just had the Cubecart team do the install/ upgrade for us so i'm not sure what the info bits you want are and where they are listed on the V5 cubecart.

Let know above and i'll get it sorted right away.

thanks,

Nick

Welcome Nick F! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

When you log in to the admin side of your store, you are first presented with a graph and some sales history, and a bunch of links. This is the Dashboard. You can always get back to the Dashboard by clicking the Dashboard link in the breadcrumb area just below the row of tabs at the top of the page.

Other tabs include Unsettled Orders and Store Overview.

The Store Overview tab gives some basic details about the installation. We would like to know a few items from the Technical Details section, the versions of everything. Then, a mention of whether this version of CubeCart was upgraded from a previous version, or is it a 'clean' (fresh) install and what, if any, major mods you have installed or edits to the code you have made, and whether the skin you are using is not a stock skin.

When you have entered the forum's "Your Profile", in the upper-right corner will be a black "Edit My Profile" button. Click that. On the new page, click the Signature tab on the left.

Again, welcome!

Bsmither,

Your help greatly recieved and thanks for the clear laymens instructions on the signiture and tech info locations.

My Signiture is now done albeit its a bit big and long but i'll go back and work on moving items in a moment but now i'm glad it there so people can see and help me out.

Nick

ps no mods all standard

I can verify that having selected Free Shipping as the order's shipping method, CubeCart delivers to the customer the same "confirm" page, as if something needs fixing, and not the "checkout" (choose payment) page as expected.

I'm tracing through the code now.

FYI: Do not use anything but numbers and decimal points (regardless if your locale uses commas) when expressing values in any field. That is, having included a currency symbol was not correct.

Brilliant ! Thanks Gents! Bug code changes done and its all sorted on our shop and it's all working fantastically. I'm really glad our company not only chose to stay with Cubecart ( we looked at plenty more ) but also that we upgraded to CC5 , because whilst the previous version was good and seemed to do everything we wanted, having spent a just a week with the new one, it's ticking all the boxes we need from a cart and it's making all our admin of the cart soooooo much less time consuming and offers a better overall buying experience for our customers. I have to say its been well worth it's money and whilst we have had a little issue with this shipping function, knowing we have the top backing from Al and the team at CC and the fantastic forum experts here, makes the full package priceless. Keep up the great work everyone and thank you for your help and support. Nick.