Resolved - 5.2.1 Upgrade Product Images Missing

Guest TFS

I've just upgraded to v5.2.1, everything seemed to go ok but all the product images are missing from the store and the store logo.

If I click on the image placeholder I just get a 'this image could not be loaded' message.

I've checked and the images are still on the hosting server in the images/source folder and in the images/cache folder but not displaying when viewing the store.

Any ideas?

Also, to add, I've tried deleting the images for a product and uploading them again but still can't get them to show up.

From 5.1.4, downloaded the 5.2.1 upgrade from the cubecart site at about 5pm UK time so assume it's the latest version.

The store is thefeedstation.com

It's weird because some of the thumbnails appear on the homepage but nothing on the product pages or category pages

Nothing has been changed in my .htaccess since the upgrade, it contains lots or url redirects for old product urls from when we upgraded from v3 and some blocked IP address ranges that we were getting lots of spam from.

I can't see anything that would be causing this but maybe I'm missing something?

Copy of htaccess file attached

RewriteOptions inherit

## File Security

<FilesMatch ".(htaccess)$">

Order Allow,Deny

Deny from all

</FilesMatch>

#### Apache directory listing rules ####

DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

IndexIgnore *

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^thefeedstation.com$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.thefeedstation.com$

RewriteRule ^gels/sis-go-gel-single/prod_9.html$ "http://www.thefeedstation.com/gels

/sis-go-gel-single.html" [R=301,L]

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico

RewriteRule ^(.*).html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]

</IfModule>

<Files 403.shtml>

order allow,deny

allow from all

</Files>

I don't see anything about a 302 redirect (so you can abridge the above down to just a few lines).

I'm not sure where else to look.

Do the /images/ folder have read permissions?

I would invite you to send a query to the techs at your hosting provider.

The folder permission for the main images folder is set to 700, the images/cache and images/source sub folders are set to 755 so I don't think it's folder permissions that are causing the problem. Everything was working fine before running the 5.2.1 upgrade so it must be something that was changed during the upgrade process. Thanks for your help so far, I'll raise a ticket with cubecart and with my hosting provider.

700 means only the Owner has read permission (and write and execute). I don't know enough about Linux permission hierarchy nor about what is considered what. But this may a case where a parent folder has superseded a child folder, even with looser permissions, if the thing (not the Owner) accessing the child has to go through the parent.

Won't hurt, so, change /images/ to 755 and see what happens. You can always change it back to 700.

Yep, changing the permissions for the /images folder to 755 seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your help, I'm not sure if the upgrade changes the folder permissions but would be interested to know if others have the issue and if the /images folder permissions should be set to 755?

• 2 weeks later...