paypal integration - address override?

fairview

Hello - using paypal standard gateway on 5.2.1 installation.

I would like to remove the option to change the delivery address when the customer arrives at the paypal processing page - since the customer has the option within CubeCart, I don't want them to get confused and think they need to add the new delivery address here as well.

I have looked at the modules/gateway/PayPal/gateway.class.php file, and see some address override code (as follows - line 62)

'address_override'	=> ($GLOBALS['config']->get('PayPal', 'address_override'))  ? '1' : '0',

Can this be edited to remove the question and option from paypal?

Thanks, S

"Can this be edited to remove the question and option from paypal?"

No. The 'address_override' being referenced here (probably) pertains to the customer's ability to change the email address he/she wants PayPal to use to send any resulting emails from them. It is this you can tell PayPal to disallow. Changing emails on PayPal transactions is apparently a bad thing for a buyer to do.

I say 'probably' because I don't use PayPal and I am assuming that this is what this setting in CubeCart's PayPal settings panel is supposed to do.

Only the customer's billing address provided in your store's customer's account is sent to PayPal -- presumably to prepare the AVS? (Maybe?).

If, as you say, the customer can change the address shown, it may be pertinent as the billing address on the actual card being used may not be the billing address the customer gave when creating your store account.

According to CubeCart's gateway code for PayPal, there may be data returned with the changed delivery address. You will have to examine the control panel at PayPal that controls your PayPal merchant settings to determine if you can configure the PayPal payment screen to not allow address changes (or at least, only to 'verified' PayPal addresses -- whatever that means).

Looking at the language file for the PayPal module, I see:

<string name="address_override"><![CDATA[Email address override]]></string>

and from this I conclude the setting is related to email.

Does not this label for the green_check/red_cross of this setting say that for you?

sure looks like it..  have to admit that at this point I am in over my head! ;)  Just would like to make paypal stop asking if the customer wants to change their shipping address, and instead accept the shipping address used in CC.  That would make the integration in paypal with shippers (USPS etc) work a lot better.