Coupon System Still Not Working Correctly

MrDerp

I was wondering if any of you CubeCart experts could help me with some issues I'm having with the coupon system in CC 5.2.1? I have logged these problems a number of times with support but they are unwilling to do anything about it (presumably not many of their customers use coupons?). 

I have uncovered several bugs with coupons but the one that is causing me the greatest concern at the moment relates to the fact the discounted value shows incorrectly in the cart when a product has a quantity greater than one (I know, you'd think they'd have tested that, right?).

The attached file shows a product with a quantity of 2 and a unit price of £15, therefore the 10% discount should have resulted in a discount of £3. The total price is correct, but the discounted value is not. 

The other problems I'm having are less important right now:

1) Upgrading from 5.1.5 to 5.2.1 resulted in all my coupons being transferred from "coupons" to "gift certificates", where I could no longer edit or delete them.

2) When assigning products manually to a coupon, the discount % includes tax. When not assigning products and using universal coupons, they don't include tax.

3) Using the "Coupon applies to all EXCEPT..." rule results in abnormal percentages being applied when some products incur tax and others don't.

Thanks in anticipation.

"The discounted value shows incorrectly in the cart when a product has a quantity greater than '1'. A cart item with a quantity of 2 and a unit price of 15, therefore the
10% discount should have resulted in a discount of 3. The total price is correct, but the discounted value is not."

I am seeing the Grand Total still at 27.00 which is the items price of 13.50 for 2 items. So any discounts do not yet show in the Grand Total.

Plus, the Total Discount (FYI: to be applied later) of 1.50 is 10% of a price shown in parentheses -- is this order tax-free?

You did not give details about the coupon: Number of Uses, Product Restrictions, Applies to Shipping, etc. Since you didn't mention these parameters, can we assume that the coupon has unlimited uses?

The product in question is tax-free. However, the same issue occurs whether a product is tax-free or not.

The coupon has unlimited uses, applies to a small subset of products and doesn't apply to shipping (we only offer free delivery).

Perhaps the screenshot is misleading, but let me clarify what is going on:

• The product has a unit price of £15. 
  • I have added 2 of these to the cart - therefore the total value is £30 before any discounts are applied.
  • Once the discount is applied, the unit price is £15 minus 10% = £13.50.
  • So, the discount is £30 (the original value) minus £27 (the discounted value). As you can see, it is only showing a discounted value of £1.50 in the screenshot, not £3. 

No matter what the quantity is in this instance, it will always show a value of £1.50. Clearly, there is a piece of code somewhere that doesn't multiply the line discount by the line quantity.

"1) Upgrading from 5.1.5 to 5.2.1 resulted in all my coupons being transferred from coupons to gift certificates."

Very strange. Examining the code between CC515 and CC521 shows no differences in how the coupon/giftcert system works.

The CubeCart_coupons table has a 'cart_order_id' column set as default null. If it is a coupon, this column should show null, but if a gift certificate, it will contain the order number of the order where purchased.

When looking at the database with phpMyAdmin (or similar), in the 'cart_order_id' column, what is in that column for coupons that behave as gift certificates?

And this is how CubeCart distinguishes between coupons and gift certificates. Two queries are made:

Coupons = WHERE IS NULL `cart_order_id`

Certificates = WHERE IS NOT NULL `cart_order_id`

2) and 3)

I haven't experimented with products that include tax as part of the price. My experiments were constrained to the cart calculating tax based on the straight calculation of the subtotal. That is, if a cart item was on sale at 50% off, and/or a cart item having a 50% off coupon, and/or a very large quantity discount brought the price down to 50%, taxes were calculated on the line item total reduced prices.

• 1 month later...

has a solution to this been found? if a 10% code is applied to an item on my site, product price £5.50, it applies a 99p discount rather than the 55p that it should be!

I'm about to launch a promotion and have promotion material printed and the coupon isn't working correctly!!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Jon

www.winesavers.net 

Please let us know the exact version of CubeCart 5 you are using.

CubeCart 515 introduced the ability to include specific items eligible for a coupon discount, or to exclude specific items eligible for a coupon discount. So, when you say, "[A] 10% [coupon] is applied to an item on my site," I assume you created the coupon to include only a specific product. Thus, you have at least CC515.

It would help if I could see your debug output. I will send you a PM.