Download Link does not show up

Mec4D

I have problem since upgrade to V5 paid version from V4 

I have a lot of orders from years back, after I click the download reset the download link not showing up in the customer area . Also when I create a new order manually , the order show up but not download link .

Only new orders after update to v5 show up with download links but only when made by customers 

I can't reset anything what was purchased on v4 , I mean I can but without any changes 

and my customers are mad about , it is really urgent 

I tried to cancel some of the order and complete them manually , still everything works beside the download link 

Thanks for the support

Cath

I would like to help you with this. But I need to ask a lot of questions.

Using a utility like phpMyAdmin (a tool that is available in your hosted account's control panel), look at the table CubeCart_downloads.

Find a record that has the cart_order_id of an order that has no download link, or has a link but when clicked on, the digital product won't download.

For that record:

What is the number in the 'expire' column?

What is the number in the 'downloads' column?

Is this order paid for?

Is there a customer_id? If so, does the customer_id match the logged-in customer's ID who is trying to download their purchase?

That is OK, thank you for your time, I can't access phpMyAdmin on this moment so we have to wait for the fixation by my hosting account provider.

Well my customers don't have problem with any orders when they purchase it , I even tried with test account and working without problem .

The problem is ONLY when creating an order via Admin Panel or reset Old orders that was made before the update to V5 , as it does not place any download access link in the Customer Area , just the Order 

I checked like 5 times, in the test Customer Area I see already 2 pages , but when I click view ALL nothing show up, I guess they are there somewhere but not linked 

Also the confirmation e-mail about the finalized order is sent to the Test Customer but not the one with download access 

and the same to all orders that was created before the update to V5 , orders are there but not Dowload access even after reset, the download link does not working ether from the old orders but I read your old post reply when I searched the forum for more info .

I will provide you with the additional information as soon as I get access again to phpMyAdmin

I am going also to update the cubecart to the last version and see if the other problems was fixed 

Thank you

Cath

Ok I got access, the Order created by the Admin for the customer manually does not show up in the table CubeCart_downloads , there is not record of this order under the downloads table

the record is under the Order_History as well that why it show up under the Customer Area ..

Btw I checked the table, Order_History and there are not orders older as the one after updates to V5 , however they show up in the Downloads table as well but some way I can't get them to show up the download link after reset 

well I am cubecart user since the v3 and until now I never had any problem with .. until V5 ...  I need to fix it or I lose my business as the customers don't care they want download product they paid for .. so please give me some idea ASAP

Thanks

Updated to the last Cubecart Version and for my issues nothing changed , I even tried to change the skin to see if there anything change , well what I got more was just a text for all downloads from Cubecart version 4  : Download is No more available . If at last I can create myself an order for digital products I could fix it but this don't works ..as the download orders made by Admin are not generated in the Cubecart_downloads table so I guess it is nothing on my side .. 

thanks

Look at the table CubeCart_downloads. Find a record that has the cart_order_id of an order that existed when the store was at CubeCart version 3.

For that record:

What is the number in the 'expire' column?

What is the number in the 'downloads' column?

Then, in admin, click on the reset link to update the download record.

Refresh the view in phpMyAdmin.

Now, what is the number in the 'expire' column?

Now, what is the number in the 'downloads' column?

before reset record:

the number in the 'expire' : 1192552021

the number in the 'downloads' 1

Refreshed the view in phpMyAdmin.

the number in the 'expire' column : 1192552021

the number in the 'downloads' column: 1

I am not surprised it does not works with the reset .. btw 

I even tried to set the order on cancel status then back to complete, I got the notification after that but nothing changed in the cart_id record

the order is from Oct 14 2007  and the expiration date show it was from 2011  and it was never  reset before .. as there are no one order with expiration before 2011 .. so something is wrong , usual I give my customer expiration to max 3 days after purchase or after reset. 

Everything working fine before upgrading from V4 to V5  and new order reset working also ( beside the one created under admin ) as it also not create any records under the card_id 

Thanks for your help