Resolved - blank pages after installation of latest version using loca

I am trying to install the latest version of cubecart using localhost as the server so that we can evaluate this application for future clients however when we get to the very last step all we get is a blank screen for either admin or store. I have installed and reinstalled this product and am fast becoming dishearted with the product to the point of giving up and try something different for our clients. I thought I would give this one more time to see whether we can resolve this problem. Any help will do

Welcome peterp!

The CubeCart installer checks to make sure that ionCube or Zend Optimizer is installed in the PHP system. But I think the check is not perfect. Can you verify if your PHP installation has the ionCube loader or the Zend Optimizer installed?

Sorry about this I was just so excited that it actually all worked I forgot to detail what I have done. The first thing I did was download the ioncube loader from http://ioncube.com then I followed the instructions which meant changing the php.ini file adding in a line that look something like this depending on your operating system and version of php you are using zend_extension="<drive>:<path>ioncube_loader_win_<php flavour>.dll". When use the ioncube loader wizard it will tell you whether it was succesful or unsucessful, if you are unsucessful it will tell you what you need to fix.

I was using the local server version so I do not know whether this will work for a remote server however there is a link in the ioncube wizard if you are not using the local server.

Hope this is helpful.