Forum Virus?

macgillivray

This is a different issue - the original problem as reported in that post was quickly fixed by Al - this is different !

We have had this issue reported a few times. In depth analysis of the HTML code output of our forums and banner ads shows nothing suspicious.

Al, I am getting this as well !  AVG is pretty good and rarely reports false positives but difficult if nothing is showing !

Well, I don't like it.

Disclaimer: My knowledge of javascript is almost non-existent, but I recognize when code is hiding itself by rewriting itself.

In the iframe that is CubeCart's advert banner, there is a script that has taken some effort to disguise what it wants to do by constructing other functions within itself. This isn't a simple 'minify' result from a larger source.

Sure, I understand obfuscation. I still don't like it.

• 1 month later...
Guest chaterbox

I have no idea the reason for this. But you can use Avast. I am using Avast for 2 years. Still it ruins perfectly.

Check with your AV provider. Check forums and check documentation, and where possible, report the problem as a false positive and let their tech staff sort it out to ascertain if it is indeed a false positive or real cause for concern.

IMO alot of the really good antivirus programs are causing more false positives recently. I use ESET, and ESET is giving me loads of grief over obfuscated php files. Since many CubeCart modders obfuscate their php code, and I have to ftp up and down and store many of these obfuscated files locally, I have been having quite a few issues over recent months. It is ridiculous to quarantine any and all files that are obfuscated.

A quick look on google search reveals frustrating false positives reported by AVG users for similar things.