Version 4.4.5 - Problem adding products to basket

Guest samvan

Guest samvan

Hi,

I am running version 4.4.5 of Cubecart (I hope I am posting this in the right place, I cannot find a link to a version 4 forum).

A number of customers have complained that they cannot add products to the basket. When they click add to basket, they get redirected to the homepage and no items appear in the basket. And when they click checkout, it says no products in the basket.

When it happens to a customer, it happens with all products. They seem to be running IE on windows and it happens both when logged in or shopping as a guest but we cannot replicate the fault here.

All of our products are tangible, we do not use stock levels and "jump to cart on add to basket" is not enabled.

Lots of customers do manage to successfully place orders on the same products. This problem has been going on for a while and crops up every now and again, previously I thought it might just be a couple of thick customers but this does not seem to be the case.

If anybody has any experience of this or can offer any help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Please look for a discussion about this over at www.cubecartforums.org, specifically about P3P Privacy. Perhaps some of your clients are using Internet Explorer 7/8 with very tight security restrictions (unknowingly), and without a P3P statement in the HTML, IE will not be sending back the cookies - which is a bad thing.