Payment gateway in ver 5 seems to freeze

peterp

hi bsmithers,

It looks like firefox treats this problem in the correct way as I can see and create addresses and the crosses and ticks work when enabled or disabled, I have been using internet explorer ver 8 and this seems to be struggling, internet explorer seems to have 2 crosses in the addresses screen however if you select add new address a new screen is displayed and on this screen there is a billing address with the word default beside it. In firefox the address book doesn't have the crosses at the bottom of the screen and when you select add new address you get the same screen as in internet explorer however now you have billing address with a cross and below this you have a heading default which also has a cross. It seems to me that the firefox is the correct way as you would check billing and default to have this billing address as the default

The new address function seems to be working correctly in firfox and incorrectly in internet explorer. I have tried to look at the source to find any colour references but unfortunately have had no luck. Help

Hi bsimithers,

Yes I did add the </span> tags to the file you indicated. Does this mean that cubecart only works successfully when using firefox and that internet explorer will result in inconsistent results. If this is so then I cannot suggest to my clients that they can only use firefox whenever they are using cubecart applications the majority of my clients would be using internet explorer. Were would you suggest I go now

Hi Bsmithers

To try and run it all on another computer will take some time to setup as we are running the process of evaluation on a localhost and not a remote server, therefore to accomplish this will require a complete resetup on a localhost that is running windows 7. What we may have to do is talk to our client and explain that they may find inconsitencies if they are using internet explorer 8 hopefully this will not be a problem. If I decide to go down the remote server path will I have to do the setup process again from scratch or is there a way of taking what I have on the localhost and transfere it all to the remote server.

Also Thanks for the help again

You can upload the code you have to a remote server. You will also need to create a database for it to access. To see just this "missing words" problem, you don't need to populate the database with anything.

May I suggest you have a friend with a laptop (with IE8) connect to your LAN (if that's ok with you). That might be easier than a remote install.