Product description column ovelap on all pages... CC5.2.1

dratte

I have finally updated my C.C 3.7 to 5.2.1( about time right...)

Everything seems to work well but the center column. On every pages the description overlaps in the next product description if longer of if more than 4 products. This make our shopping cart look horrible. This is happening with all skins and browser. I have change the skin to Mican instead of Kurouto the left side looks better but the center column is still the same.

You can see with I mean here: http://www.dogstory.net/shopping/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=2

Looks like I'm not the only one with the problem on this forum. I'm not that savy in programming so please if you have a solution maker it clear so everybody can understand it.

Thanks a lot

Dan

I see.

The View Category template uses the "short description", a truncated version of the regular description, the length being set by Store Settings, Layout tab, "Length of product precis", default of 120 characters with HTML tags stripped out. For that, there is plenty of space in the area given to each product in the category list. You must mention to us if you have changed any of this.

For each skin, there is a file common.css. Open this file using a programmer's text editor. For the Mican skin, on line 492, there is:

div.category_product {
    height: 150px;
    margin: 10px 5px 5px;
    padding-bottom: 20px;
}

THanks a lot Bsmither. Ireally appreciate your help

I didn't modified anything at all but the Length of product precis in the admin section that I have set to 7000 instead of 5000.

I have found that common.css file and I'm also able to change it.

What should be the figures?

Dan

I have changed the figure to this

Before:

div.category_product {
    height: 150px;
}

NOw:

div.category_product {
    height: 250px;
}

Seem to work but ''add to cart'' button doesn't show the entire word probably need to change margin too.

New problem with making the height bigger is when description is shorter there is a big gap between each product. Any way to change that or put a variable that will make the box ajust to description height?

Dan

Hmm... I was sure I had given instruction to remove that property. I don't know why that instruction did not get posted.

WAS:

div.category_product {
    height: 250px;
}

NOW:

div.category_product {
}