Jump to content

Products aren't being listed in the product category since upgrade


Guest thetrimarket
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest thetrimarket

We've just updated to the latest version of Cubecart after we were alerted to do so on the admin dashboard.

 

The upgrade appeared to have worked seamlessly, however we are now seeing that products aren't showing in the relevant categories??? 

 

As an example, on our home page (www.thetrimarket.com) there is a bike pump (SKS Rennkompressor Track Pump) which is shown in more detail when you click on it.. On the product page it is assigned to the category http://www.thetrimarket.com/bike-store/pumps.html

 however its not listed anymore.

 

In fact all our categories are all empty???

 

Any clues...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest thetrimarket

Hi bsmither!

 

We upgraded from the previous version - so we weren't expecting any problems?

 

When we look at the product details in the admin screens, the products are assigned to the correct categories.

 

In the pump example, it is assigned as a Primary and Additional to the Pumps category - this hasn't changed since the upgrade - its just not listing on the site???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you re-arranged the categories at all? That is, deleted a category, then added the same category back in? I wonder of the cached category hierarchy did not get purged (if it is cached).

 

Are the categories visible?

 

If you can look directly at the table CubeCart_seo_urls and find bike-store/pumps. The type should be 'cat' and the item_id is the category ID number for that category. Verify the number is what it should be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest thetrimarket

We hadn't changed anything - we just followed the onscreen instructions. The site worked fine before, went through the upgrade, then stopped working?!?

 

I placed a support ticket yesterday, and the guys at cubecart have managed to fix it. I've asked whether we did anything wrong - but haven't heard back from them yet.

 

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

 

Thank you for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same problem. Pressing the upgrade button on ones site does not have the desired effect. It appears to have worked but in reality it hasn't - as shown by the categories having no products and many messages in the error logs. Having asked the question of support the fix was to run setup manualy. Their comment was:

"For some reason, the /setup/ did not run during the automatic upgrade. That's why it needs to be done manually. We're working on a more advanced upgrade system that can let you do/redo portions like this, but it's not ready for release yet."

 

So navigate to www.WhateverYourSiteNameIs.com/setup/ and follow the instructions - as ever don't forget to delete the setup folder once the upgrade is complete. Hope this helps others with this problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've just learned to do the manual upgrade process each time - just because it's the best way to see what directories or permission need to be manually changed (CHMOD) to be writable by the upgrader (it's nice that it tells you ..."I can't write this file ..."). With most modern security scenarios, particularly on Linux, and PCI-DSS setups like ours, anything that runs that can write or rewrite stuff needs to be in a perfect place of "owning" all the files it wants to write to, but then you can't edit stuff as FTPuser. So, uploading stuff manually and running setup, but making clean backup first, always seems best way to go. :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always use the manual update and went from 5.1.5 to 5.2.2 and have this exact issue.  The update seems to have gone fine and the store says it is 5.2.2 but nothing shows up on the category pages.  The products are all there and assigned to the proper categories but they don't show up when you click the category menu links.  I have cleared the caches, repaired the tables and even tried to do the upgrade again with no luck. 

 

I cross-checked the database tables and the categories, category index and inventory tables all are intact and tracking correctly.  And this is reflected in the store admin in the category and product sections.

 

This appears to be some sort of issue with the current version upgrade scripts.  Is there a bad file that carries a critical function for this?  Any info on where to go to check this?  This is kind of urgent since the store is a client's production store.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I fixed it.  I just changed skins to one of the included ones and then back again to my custom skin and it all came back.  Not sure what the hangup is, but it has to do with the skin.  If you have this problem, just try changing the skin to a different one and see if it works.  If so, change it back to the one you use and it should work also.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...