Search Problems in CubeCart 5 with Vector Skin

Fredzzz

Hey fellow CubeCarters,

I've upgraded to CubeCart 5 recently and also purchased a third-party skin, from shopdev, called Vector.

My problem now is that I cannot search for any products. When I use the search bar to search for a product in my shop, it often returns with no results.

Only certain keywords work, such as "top".

Is there any setting that I am missing? Something to do with the sensitivity of search keywords?

www.moparts-webshop.com

Thanks in advance,
Frederick

So are you saying Search works correctly with a stock skin? If so, you need to contact shopdev, as this forum is concerned with the stock CC code. Also, if it does not work with a stock skin, please create your signature so someone who can help will know about your setup information.

The skin shouldn't really cause problems on the searches, which are typically in the php code, but never know, worth contacting him to see if he knows.

Are all the keywords which work short? If so, they'll likely be using a different search method, as full text searches typically don't work unless the word is 4 or 5 letters long, it's a mysql security setting. Might help track it down if so

Yeah, seems to be working ok on 3 letters or lower, which is likely using a standard search. So whoever you get to look into it, tell them to check for errors on the fulltext search

• 5 weeks later...

Hello - ran across this looking for something else.

Just wanted to make note of the fact I'm using latest Vector (v. 1.3) which is awesome if you want to do "bootstrap" vs classic CC 20th century skins ;-)

Specifically, the search function works properly in our store. Remember of course that searches will look at all the stuff in the record not just the title - so if you reference another item in another product, both would come up in search.

Assuming you already sorted this out. Just wanted to update this that I personally have no problems with store search using 1.3.

Hi!

yes, sorry; I have Vector 1.2 also; with the BETA updates for the print receipt template which will be in 1.3. Homar sent me the update as our store suffered from the hideous print receipt format being one column of bunched together stuff and particularly in IE10/Win7 the popup didn't work, so client got receipt that looked like crap compared to the stock Kauroto (sp?) theme print template.

We also have a home page template that allows us to use the "document" box in CC, since we don't use the internal loop for home page, but do custom code and wouldn't float right with the sidebar default. Great guys over there :-)

Now if only I could figure out how to get bootstrap tooltips to work in ANYTHING anywhere ... that would make my day (sigh).

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't resolved this issue, mainly because I haven't had time to tackle it.

But.. I tried with the normal stock CC skin and also then no search results come up (only if I search for keywords with three letters or less does something show up - i.e. AMG)

This must have occured during the switch to the Vector skin, during the installation that is. It has nothing to do with Vector, I'm pretty sure of that.

Is there a section on this forum where I can have people remotely work on my site, that is, from a distance? Can I open a topic about that somewhere? I would be willing to pay for this service.

Is there a section on this forum where I can have people remotely work on my site, that is, from a distance? Can I open a topic about that somewhere? I would be willing to pay for this service.

The 3rd party forum is the place to ask for this kind of help.