Product Attribute Sort Option not working

Upgraded to 5.2.2 this morning and now have some real issues with the product attributes.

I spent hours working out a way or sorting the product attributes to sort the way that I need them for my client's shop. He sells fishing tackle and lots of products have numerical options, e.g. 1,2,3,4, etc.

Now that I have installed 5.2.2 the attributes are displayed completely out or order and I cannot see any logic to the way they are now displayed. 

Not a problem thought I because 5.2.2 has added a custom sort option. Spent an hour trying to get the new feature to work. Click on an option and drag it - works fine, everything sorted the way I want it until I save, then it just reverts to the way it was!

Created a new Option Group and added 3 options. Tried to change the order of them. No joy - as soon as I save the new order, it just reverts to the way they were.

Tried using IE8 on XP Pro SP3, IE10 on Win7 SP1, Chrome on XP Pro SP3 and Win7 SP1. 

Am I doing something wrong? Have I misunderstood how to do it? 

Anyone any ideas what is going on?

Tim

Please clarify something...

When you "updated" to CC522, by what process did you do so? Did you use the built-in upgrade feature in admin Maintenance (auto)? Or by uploading by FTP and overwriting the existing files (manual)?

If manually, did you also run /setup/index.php (which should have updated a few aspects of the database)?

Would you please view the database (using phpMyAdmin, a tool found in your hosting control panel, or some other utility), and determine if a column named 'priority' is present in the CubeCart_option_group and CubeCart_option_value tables.

Hi

Thanks for looking at this. I used the built in upgrade option - reading between the lines I guess that was not the best way to do it?

I am familiar with phpMyAdmin and I cannot find the column 'priority;. I can find it in CubeCart_options_set_member.

I will try installing the upgrade manually and restoring (importing) the database from 5.2.1 and come back and let you know if it works.

Thanks

Tim

Hi,

Now done a clean install of 5.2.2 and I can now see the priority column in both tables. However when I import the database from 5.2.1 the priority column is deleted which I think is to be expected. What I need to know now is either how to insert the column in the 2 tables or restore the database without removing the priority columns.

I appreciate you help - thanks.

Tim

If you restore from a complete database backup, then the history table will show the last installed version is CC521.

If so, then by running www.store.com/setup/index.php and selecting to do an upgrade (new install or upgrade should be a choice presented to you on, I think, the second install screen), then eventually the database upgrade scripts will run and the new columns will be added and populated.