Upgrade from v3 to v5 - colours/sizes option matrix

We have a v3 store with around 2500 products, most of which have colours/sizes. We have some mods from Estelle to handle quantities, etc.

We have successfully upgraded a copy of this store to v5. All the colours/size options are there, but we have discovered that in order to activate the v5 option matrix for each product, we will have to manually go through every product and tick the 'options matrix' check boxes, then click 'save' to generate the option matrix. Stock levels from v3 have obviously not been carried over.

We might be able to live without the stock levels, but does anyone know if there is a shortcut, script, mysql hack, etc, we might be able to use the automate the options matrix generation bit?

Many thanks,

Russell

Welcome russcoleridge! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I was giving some extended thought as to how this could be achieved in the most expeditious manner.

Please answer this question: do the tables for CubeCart 5 reside in the same database, and do they use the same user/pass as specified in the globals.inc.php file, as does the CubeCart 3 tables?

If they do, then this effort will have several obstacles we won't have to worry about.

Hi bsmither - thanks for the response.

I copied our v3 store to a temporary test server, updated the copied global.inc.php file to the settings for the new server and database, then upgraded the store to v5.2 using the installer.

So, I assume that all the v3 tables are there, but I guess that some more have been added and some have been upgraded.

I also have a copy of the original v3 mysql data if needed.

My plan was to use this test instillation to iron out any problems before upgrading our live site for real (i.e. we have scope for a bit of experimentation if needed!).

Russ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...