Missing photos

platedepot

After a hellish upgrade to v. 5.2.2, I seem to have lost all of the photos associated with my listings.

All of the photos are in both the /image/includes/ and /image/cache folders.  The listings have the yellow stars on the correct image associated with the photos (although the "Main Image" thumbnail comes up blank.)  The image file manager shows all of the photo files (although clicking on them will bring up a mesage saying that "This image could not be loaded".)  I've tried "Update File List" under the image manager, and I've tried manually reloading the images to listings.  No luck with any of this.

My website it www.platedepot.com.  Clicking on any listing will show a listing without photos. 

Any ideas?

HI, make sure the directory and images are in a writable folder and then you may need to go to each product deselect and reselect to get the star and SEE the thumbnail (use Chrome/Firefox -- IE sucks due to the Ajax stuff not working right for CubeCart admin...seriously ...not a CC bug). If you don't "see" the thumbnail on the actual product page under the image tab ... it won't work properly everywhere. I just went though and re-did this for all my images (ugh). And now they all work properly, even the ones inside a folder. Prior to that they all showed most places but weird missing stuff... so when I went to an actual product > image  tab > I'd see no thumbnail next to the file list - even if star was activated. Reselecting (I put everything in NEW folder to ensure I was selecting right item as NEW item); then they show up with the thumbnail showing on the product > image tab page ... and hence they now work everywhere in every form properly.

Not sure that helps the underlying issue. The whole image thing was a bit wonky in the first couple version of 5.x but now WORKS as long as you can get them selected to see the thumbnail on each product page. 

:-)

I appreciate your help - unfortunately - no luck.  I've been okay through the 5.x upgrade. The upgrade from 5.2.1 to 5.2.2 is the first one to give me problems.  I've opened a support ticket with the boys in Britian.

Thanks again

Well, mine doesn't look like that, and you ARE getting error messages.

CAVEAT - I just barely know what I'm doing, so take this for what it's worth -

What I would do if I had this issue would be to rename that table as _BAD_image_index and copy it over as _image_index and then delete those extra indexes from the _image_index copy. That way, if it doesn't fix it you can always delete your attempt and rename the Bad back to normal.

I think the database is working correctly. The HTML source of viewing product 999 shows the following to be the standard image for the skin in use:

http://www.platedepot.com/images/cache/Kentucky/ky03.270.JPG

But when I ask for this image directly, I get a 404 File Not Found 403 Forbidden

Would you please verify that the image, ky03.270.JPG, does exist in the images/cache/Kentucky folder?

Then, using whatever tool you may have (typically an FTP program) make sure the images folder, the cache folder, every folder in the cache folder, and every file in any and all of these folders are set to CHMOD 644. (Get GoDaddy's help if you need it.)

Excellent.

Now we need to verify its "permissions". See the edits to my prior reply above.

Also, please review each .htaccess file you find in the main folder of your store, and in the images folder, and all folders below the images folder. You will be looking for any statement that involves images.

(I wonder what the black question mark on the folder icon represents? The fact you haven't pulled in the contents for that folder as yet, so this display does not know what's in it, perhaps?)

Hi Bsmither--  Somehow I completely locked myself out of my own image directory trying to change permissions.  I simply deleted the whole mess and reloaded.  The images are showing now.

Is there a quick way to attach the images to the listings with SQL or is the store image loader the best way to do it?

Thanks again

There is a convolution to getting images associated with products.

As you saw in the CubeCart_image_index table, this table is the "glue" that points to both a product_id referencing a record in the CC_inventory table, and a file_id referencing a record in the CC_filemanager table. There can be more than one of these 'glue' records that makes a second association between any other, or the same product and any other, or the same image.

You can certainly try to create a CSV having available first a list of items and their product_id and a list of the images and their file_id. Then dump the CSV into the CC_image_index table.