PayPal Express Checkout = Blank Page - Pro = address error

lvemy3100

Actually, I think a better solution is to just fix this other bad line instead of moving that bad line. (Moving it so that it doesn't mess up what follows it.)

$address['state_abbrev'] = getStateFormat($address['state'], $state_field, 'abbrev');

To:

$address['state_abbrev'] = getStateFormat($address['state_id'], 'id', 'abbrev');

(You don't need to move that line back to where it was.)

Actually, I think a better solution is to just fix this other bad line instead of moving that bad line. (Moving it so that it doesn't mess up what follows it.)

$address['state_abbrev'] = getStateFormat($address['state'], $state_field, 'abbrev');

To:

$address['state_abbrev'] = getStateFormat($address['state_id'], 'id', 'abbrev');

(You don't need to move that line back to where it was.)

Is this the only thing that needs to be changed?  Can anyone confirm it works?  I'm getting the error and all the 2800 addresses in my database are listed as state names and not numbers.

What version did this change on?

I was NOT having known issues with my PayPal, but I was getting a large number of abandoned carts that I suspected were due to PayPal. I DID use Bsmither's edits for the state, as most, but not all, of mine were state names, rather than numbers, in the state column. He helped me use some edits of his to change all my state names to numbers.

"Is this the only thing that needs to be changed?"

The edit fixes one problem. It does not solve other problems caused by existing database records having state names in the 'state' column of the addressbook table.

"I'm getting the error and all the 2800 addresses in my database are listed as state names and not numbers. What version did this change on?"

I suspect that your database was initially created for CubeCart version 3 or an early version of CC4. The upgrade process to CC5 does not change state names to their ID numbers.

Please PM me with your email address and I will attach instructions to modify two files that will give the admin a means to change the state names to their respective ID numbers.

Welcome brianhhq! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Are you referring to one of the PayPal methods in the PayPal Pro module?

I'm not that familiar with all the ways CubeCart implements the various PayPal methods of making a transaction, so any method that requires PayPal to use a callback URL that informs CubeCart of the results of the transaction will not work, because, by definition, a localhost is not reachable from the outside.

What you might think about is: "Please note that if you already have a pro key and wish to have a development environment for your current store or for the development of a new [store], our staff will be happy to add a domain [localhost?] to the software license key allowed domains list."

"Is this the only thing that needs to be changed?"

The edit fixes one problem. It does not solve other problems caused by existing database records having state names in the 'state' column of the addressbook table.

"I'm getting the error and all the 2800 addresses in my database are listed as state names and not numbers. What version did this change on?"

I suspect that your database was initially created for CubeCart version 3 or an early version of CC4. The upgrade process to CC5 does not change state names to their ID numbers.

Please PM me with your email address and I will attach instructions to modify two files that will give the admin a means to change the state names to their respective ID numbers.

Guess I missed something but what problem does the code change fix?

PM sent (well after I post this).  But yeah, I started with 3 I believe and have been updating slowly.  I didn't notice this problem until updating from 5.1.5 to 2.2 (I think anyways so that's odd unless the early CC5's were fine.  

I will mention, as a work-around for others, if I add Paypal in the payment gateway instead of adding express and credit cards in the paypal plugin, it does work without a problem.  The one thing I don't like is it just says paypal in the normal font instead of the icon which makes it look a bit unprofessional during checkout.

"It just says paypal in the normal font instead of the icon."

If I recall (I haven't checked yet), in the PayPal gateway control panel, there may be a field for a description.

In this field, you can enter the path/filename of the logo:

modules/gateway/PayPal/admin/logo.gif

Welcome brianhhq! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Are you referring to one of the PayPal methods in the PayPal Pro module?

I'm not that familiar with all the ways CubeCart implements the various PayPal methods of making a transaction, so any method that requires PayPal to use a callback URL that informs CubeCart of the results of the transaction will not work, because, by definition, a localhost is not reachable from the outside.

What you might think about is: "Please note that if you already have a pro key and wish to have a development environment for your current store or for the development of a new [store], our staff will be happy to add a domain [localhost?] to the software license key allowed domains list."

Thank you for your reply! How do I contact the staff to get an extra software license key for my current pro key for testing purpose?

And again, do you have a final solution for "

PayPal Express Checkout = Blank Page"

Thanks a lot.

Brian

Looks like I'm still having a problem.  A customer would check out, log into paypal fine and once verifying his address it will direct him back to the my page without the order being submitted.

Also, with using the paypal payment gateway instead of plugin it leaves the order status in pending.  At this point I think CC might be having some paypal issues unless this is only me...

Don't want to post it in case there's something relating to the account in it but the response received from Paypal is a token and it mentions success.  The buyer tried multiple times before he got it to work and the failed ones look the same as the one that went through.  They look the same way when it was failing for the plugin and payment gateway.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.

The interesting part is that when NEW customers make an account and address, it is putting their state in as a name, NOT a number.  If it is in as a number, then Paypal Express payments goes to a white screen, if it is the state name, then it will go to the paypal log in screen, you can log in and after you hit the confirm payment screen, it starts to process and then throws you back to my store checkout page and you have been logged out.

Any advice

Here is the error code from my transacation

TRANSACTIONID=30J74844R3425135L&METHOD=GetTransactionDetails&VERSION=74.0&PWD=AQYSVYGMRU6DN995&USER=orders_api1.euphonium.com&SIGNATURE=AB50Lcd.w-VvxxFpGRZDIaVxW-.sAoA-p3EicdM-VUMSEHv8qBhT6MpX
Response receivedRECEIVERBUSINESS=sales%40euphonium%2ecom&RECEIVEREMAIL=sales%40euphonium%2ecom&RECEIVERID=H6JMFN5UYFTJY&EMAIL=billmarie1%40comcast%2enet&PAYERID=D75BA6RTRZRUQ&PAYERSTATUS=verified&COUNTRYCODE=US&SHIPTONAME=William%20Griffith&SHIPTOSTREET=1769%20Victoria%20Court&SHIPTOCITY=Ogden&SHIPTOSTATE=UT&SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE=US&SHIPTOCOUNTRYNAME=United%20States&SHIPTOZIP=84403&ADDRESSOWNER=PayPal&ADDRESSSTATUS=Confirmed&INVNUM=131124%2d131638%2d8929&SALESTAX=0%2e00&SHIPAMOUNT=0%2e00&SHIPHANDLEAMOUNT=0%2e00&SHIPDISCOUNT=0%2e00&INSURANCEAMOUNT=0%2e00&TIMESTAMP=2013%2d11%2d25T16%3a25%3a15Z&CORRELATIONID=192cefe4135f3&ACK=Success&VERSION=74%2e0&BUILD=8620107&FIRSTNAME=William&LASTNAME=Griffith&TRANSACTIONID=30J74844R3425135L&TRANSACTIONTYPE=expresscheckout&PAYMENTTYPE=instant&ORDERTIME=2013%2d11%2d24T18%3a17%3a58Z&AMT=8%2e90&FEEAMT=0%2e52&TAXAMT=0%2e00&CURRENCYCODE=USD&PAYMENTSTATUS=Completed&PENDINGREASON=None&REASONCODE=None&SHIPPINGMETHOD=Default&PROTECTIONELIGIBILITY=Eligible&PROTECTIONELIGIBILITYTYPE=ItemNotReceivedEligible%2cUnauthorizedPaymentEligible&L_QTY0=1&L_TAXAMT0=0%2e00&L_CURRENCYCODE0=USD

That seems to be a success message actually, no error in there that I can see.

One quick question though, you mention it doesn't happen to new customers. Did you by any chance update from a previous version? I'm wondering if it's the old logins that have the states recorded as numbers, in which case they'd just need a script running to update them on the database

I do have the numbers in the data base for states.I have made is PAST the blank page at least by having the state names.

However, even with that, the paypal express does not complete.  It takes me to the paypal log in and then payment confirmation screen, says it is processing, and then jumps back to my store page, has logged out of my session/account.  No payment processed, the order is not processed.

Seems like something with the upgrade details.

My work around was to use Payments Pro for Direct Credit Card Payments and then add Paypal Standard to receive Paypal Payments.  I still can't get express payments to work and that is my goal...

Here is one I just created.  New customer and still didn't work.

Request Sent - https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvpITEMAMT=29.45&AMT=29.45&SHIPTONAME=Adam+Frey&SHIPTOSTREET=1777+vista+trace&SHIPTOSTREET2=&SHIPTOCITY=decatur&SHIPTOSTATE=GA&SHIPTOZIP=30033&SHIPTOCOUNTRY=US&SHIPTOPHONENUM=7702419119&ADDROVERRIDE=1&SALUTATION=&FIRSTNAME=Adam&LASTNAME=Frey&STREET=1777+vista+trace&STREET2=&CITY=decatur&STATE=GA&ZIP=30033&PHONENUM=7702419119&COUNTRYCODE=US&CURRENCYCODE=USD&PAYMENTACTION=Sale&RETURNURL=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.euphonium.com%2Fstore%2Findex.php%3F_a%3Dconfirm&CANCELURL=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.euphonium.com%2Fstore%2Findex.php%3F_a%3Dconfirm%26PPWPP%3Dcancel&INVNUM=131126-083533-6815&METHOD=SetExpressCheckout&VERSION=74.0&PWD=AQYSVYGMRU6DN995&USER=orders_api1.euphonium.com&SIGNATURE=AB50Lcd.w-VvxxFpGRZDIaVxW-.sAoA-p3EicdM-VUMSEHv8qBhT6MpX
Response receivedTOKEN=EC%2d8DC94785MU238540Y&TIMESTAMP=2013%2d11%2d26T13%3a36%3a13Z&CORRELATIONID=25e8ba60288&ACK=Success&VERSION=74%2e0&BUILD=8620107

Not too sure then unfortunately, that's another success message, if ACK=Success then the payment has gone through ok.

Hmm, it could be failing another part of the validation though, have a check to see if the amount being returned by paypal is matching up with the amount on the store, if those don't match it also throws an error in case people are trying to scam orders.

Either that or if you're getting logged out, that might be the issue, not sure offhand what might be logging you out though, that was only an issue I recall seeing on v3 of cubecart