Remove Feature Product - Replace with Static

In CC6, you no longer need to use {php} ... {/php}. You can use the real code delimiters <?php ... ?>.

Also, the Foundation skin (introduced with CC6) uses a somewhat different approach as opposed to other CubeCart skins (such as Kurouto). So, in addition to the above statement, for CC6, you will also need this statement - which should affect all CubeCart skins:
$GLOBALS['smarty']->clearAssign('featured');

In CC6, you no longer need to use {php} ... {/php}. You can use the real code delimiters <?php ... ?>.

Also, the Foundation skin (introduced with CC6) uses a somewhat different approach as opposed to other CubeCart skins (such as Kurouto). So, in addition to the above statement, for CC6, you will also need this statement - which should affect all CubeCart skins:

Thanks and just to be sure I understand, I could use this snippet for my skin (not foundation)? Could you also please tell me where it is that I put this snippet within the admin CP?

{?php}
{?}

CC6 Admin, Manage Hooks, Code Snippets tab, Add Snippet.

To cover all skins, assuming your skin uses standard CubeCart data names, the PHP Code block will look like:

<?php
$GLOBALS['smarty']->clearAssign('RANDOM_PROD');
?>

CC6 Admin, Manage Hooks, Code Snippets tab, Add Snippet.

To cover all skins, assuming your skin uses standard CubeCart data names, the PHP Code block will look like:

<?php
$GLOBALS['smarty']->clearAssign('RANDOM_PROD');
?>

Just to be sure i do it right, could you please tell me what to write in the fields on the 'Add Snippet' page...

I get that it needs to be named but what about these...?

Ex. order:

Description:

Trigger:

Enabled: On
Unique ID: [email protected]   {<=32 characters max}
Execution Order: 1
Description: Unsets the data array and the template contents from Smarty for the Featured Product box.
Trigger: class.gui.display
Version: 1.0
Author: forums.cubecart.com/topic/47380-remove-feature-product-replace-with-static

There is another hook we can try if that one doesn't work.