Upgrade from 3.0.17 to 5.2.2

My webhost has upgraded the PHP and SQL servers, so now I am having major issues with my V3.0.17 install, I would like to upgrade to the latest version of CC.

My question is can it be done with my backup php and sql files so I do not have to write new descriptions and all the data input. I do not really care about any mods I have installed, I just do not want to start from square one and have to input everything.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Welcome bluesjamjim! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Please visit www.cubecartforums.org and search the forums there for 'deprecated'. There is an easy fix for CC3 using the latest versions of PHP.

Later, when you have prepared yourself, you can try an upgrade.

I recommend <<removed>>

I was using CC3 about 8 months ago, and hired <<a third-party provider>> to upgrade to CC5.

Their service is excellent

Edited by Robsta
Please visit cubecartforums.org for third-party help. Advertising specific services are not permitted in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

My question is can it be done with my backup php and sql files so I do not have to write new descriptions and all the data input. I do not really care about any mods I have installed, I just do not want to start from square one and have to input everything.

You can simply fix the deprecated warning messages that are being generated or upgrade your current installation to V5 which if you are not concerned about the mods you have installed might be the best way forward but be aware that you will need to use a new skin, either one of the supplied core skins or one from a 3rd party

Ian