Latest Products on homepage

Three parts:

Store Settings, Layout tab, Show Latest Products on Homepage? Yes

Number of Latest Products to Display? 8 (Max)

Edit Product, Include in Latest Products? Green check (equates to 1 in 'featured' column of CubeCart_inventory database table)

CubeCart decides what is 'latest' by this setting -- having you declare what is latest.

Show 'Latest Products' on homepage? = YES

Number of 'Latest Products' to display = 8

Include in latest products = Ticked = Yes

So everything is correct. It's something to do with the bulk import I think. If I manually add a new product is appears in "Latest Products. None of the bulk imported titles show up as Latest.

Several other considerations:

Edit Product, Status? Green Check (equates to 1 in 'status' column in database table)

Edit Product, Category tab, assigned to at least one category that is also enabled.

The resulting list will be sorted by date added, but does not exclude any database record if date added is zero.

I'm looking again at the import .csv options and I see there's a field option named "include in latest products". I can easily add a new field and re-import the database. What would I need to add to the field to make this work? A simple "YES"?

One more:

The combination of:

Edit Product, Stock Level and Use Stock Level

Store Settings, Stock tab, Allow Out-of-Stock Purchases and Hide Out-of-Stock Products

must be logically consistent to show an item.

"the import .csv options and I see there's a field option named "include in latest products"."

Really? By description? Then that must tie in to the 'featured' column -- which defaults to 1 (logically true) if no value is supplied for it. So, I say no need to re-import the csv.

IF my idea would work, use cpanel. You can double click for an individual product on the updated column in the _inventory table and it pulls up the calendar. Try changing one to today's date and see if that shows up properly. You would only have to do it for 8 products.

But what I'm thinking of is Updated, not Latest, so it probably wouldn't work anyway. Sorry.

The cpanel is accessed via your hosting company. Your database is in the phpMyAdmin section of cpanel. But before you start getting into that try making a small edit to one of your products you'd like to see in Latest and see if that Updated timestamp makes it show up in Latest. After thinking about it, I don't think it will, and my suggestion wouldn't work, anyway.

BUT, you really do need to get familiar with your cpanel, regardless.

I've tried yet another bulk import, this time setting all the products I wanted displayed as "Latest Products" on the homepage to "1" in a new field, and assigning this field to "Include in Latest Products" for the import - but alas, none of the selected items are being displayed on the home page.

Any more suggestions?

How many items are showing?

Please look directly at the database table CubeCart_inventory using a database manager such as phpMyAdmin (typically found as a tool in your hosted accounts control panel).

Reply with the record of an item you believe should be showing in Latest Products. The columns I would like for you mention are: product_id, status, product_code, cat_id, and featured.

The "status" in CubeCart_inventory is set to "1" for all items.

product_id - everything has its own unique code (776, 1148, 1149, 1150, 1152.. etc)

product_code - everything her eis using the correct codes we assigned in our database export.

featured - also here, everything is set to "1"

I just tried changing a "1" to a "0" in featured and the item was removed from the homepage. However, I'm not sure how to re-import the data into with this correctly flagged as there's no field selectable from the drop-down for "featured".

The option "include in latest products" doesn't work.

And by nothing else, I mean that the product must be manually assigned to a category that is enabled.

There is the problem. I believe the product import, even though the column cat_id may have a value, only those products that can be found in the category_index table will pass.

Is there a value in the cat_id column?

Everything that is '1' in featured will show in the Latest Products box, provided nothing else is stopping it.

Yes, everything has been assigned a category ID. I did this in the original database export to .csv, and the categories have been carried over.

And by nothing else, I mean that the product must be manually assigned to a category that is enabled.

There is the problem. I believe the product import, even though the column cat_id may have a value, only those products that can be found in the category_index table will pass.

Will this mean I'll have to set it in phpMyAdmin? Is there a way of changing everything to "0", then selecting the few I need displayed on the homepage to "1" again?

Will you please try the following:

In the file /classes/cubecart.class.php, near line 100, find:

if (!$category_status) {
  continue;
}

Change that to:

if (!$category_status) {
  if (($GLOBALS['catalogue']->getCategoryData($product['cat_id'])) === false) continue;
}

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem...no latest products on my homepage. I read through this entire thread and did everything step-step-by step, even the code modification suggested above, but no luck. While my current skin (Vector) does not have a heading on the homepage of "Latest Products" if I switch back to one of the skins that comes with CubeCart 5.2.2, the heading is there, but there are still no products showing. Any other ideas?