Resolved - Licence Problem & Support Problem

JoeJ

Have there been any issues that have caused the CC servers to have a licence key problem???

I have gone to log in this morning and I'm greeted with a message saying our licence needs updating???, now I'm totally fubared as I'm in Cube Cart Lite mode!!

I've then proceeded to the CC support website and that also seems to be having a problem, I cant even get to the login page???

Has anyone else had this issue or is this an isolated case?

Once I got the chance to get into my CC it was in "lite" mode, we have been running for over a year now so we have hundreds of customer and hundreds orders so I cant do anything today..

Any ideas as to when this may be resolved and do Cubecart Support even know about this???

There were problems with reaching several sub-domains of cubecart such as the cp.cubecart.com and support.cubecart.com sub-domains and also the licencing server for a period of time. We had several clients whose sites showed the same problem as they were trying to update the licencing while this problem was happening and for some reason the licence code was removed. All that was needed was for the licence code to be re-added again

Thanks

Ian

I am also suffering from the same problem with my licence key, happened a couple of times over the past few days, but seems to have locked down now as I have not been able to log into my admin area all day. Any ideas? This is begininning to be unacceptable, I have paid for the full version which seems like I cannot use.

I am also building another website currently and was considering uploading cubecart this evening, but with these reliability issues, I may have to consider other options. Its a lot of money to hand out for something which has become this unreliable.

all help/advice appreciated.

Welcome donrwz! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Would the current state of your store (or the one currently being built) have more than 50 sales? More than 50 customers? More than one administrator? (I guessing about the actual numbers, but in that general figure?)

If you have less than all that, you might try editing the /includes/global.inc.php file and placing two slashes in front of the license key variable. This is a PHP comment. As such, when CubeCart wakes up again, it will see that it is not licensed and should switch to the 'Lite" mode. The 'Lite' mode works just the same as the licensed mode, but with these restrictions in place.

You may certainly continue to build your other store in Lite mode.

Welcome donrwz! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Would the current state of your store (or the one currently being built) have more than 50 sales? More than 50 customers? More than one administrator? (I guessing about the actual numbers, but in that general figure?)

If you have less than all that, you might try editing the /includes/global.inc.php file and placing two slashes in front of the license key variable. This is a PHP comment. As such, when CubeCart wakes up again, it will see that it is not licensed and should switch to the 'Lite" mode. The 'Lite' mode works just the same as the licensed mode, but with these restrictions in place.

You may certainly continue to build your other store in Lite mode.

hi,

My current store is way over the 50 sales. And is after getting a number of orders today which I cannot print due to this issue. As for building my new site in lite mode, there is little point if cubecart cannot offer me any more than 50 sales on a reliable platform. Is this a problem that they are aware about and are they doing anything about it?

I need my store to be reliable, and cannot afford for it to be going down like this.

I have tried to log a ticket with them, but the support area has also gone and cannot log into that either....

All help appreciated.

mm, personally I do not agree with this one little bit, I understand why BUT not when you purchase a full licence! If I purchase a full licence my website IMO should not have to answer to anyone.

If I purchase a new car from Skoda, I do not have to answer to them when it comes to a service! 

If your stuck in LITE mode then all you have to do is re-enter your full licence code, BUT if you haven't got that to hand and you need to login for this your in trouble, you will just have to wait until the servers are fixed cubecart side.

I have not checked the small print and the ins and out of it but I don't agree that this should happen.

License verification (and Digital Rights Management) is a philosophical discussion that ranges across many areas. "I paid for it so I expect it to work" isn't a new argument (it's not even an argument).

In the file, /includes/global.inc.php, the license may be visible there. But until the license verification servers get the hiccup fixed, it is a moot point.

mm, personally I do not agree with this one little bit, I understand why BUT not when you purchase a full licence! If I purchase a full licence my website IMO should not have to answer to anyone.

If I purchase a new car from Skoda, I do not have to answer to them when it comes to a service! 

If your stuck in LITE mode then all you have to do is re-enter your full licence code, BUT if you haven't got that to hand and you need to login for this your in trouble, you will just have to wait until the servers are fixed cubecart side.

I have not checked the small print and the ins and out of it but I don't agree that this should happen.

not sure if you have understood me correctly, i purchased a full licence months ago, website working fine, until the last few days, asks for me to reenter my licence code, when I do,  it then tells me it cannot contact the licencing server. so I have paid for a product and an not getting it.  All helpful advice appreciated.

There is no 'helpful' advice. I would think Devellion is aware of the server's Security Certificate problem and is scrambling, or browbeating the server techs, to get it fixed.

Therefore, the only advice I can give, whatever its value, is to wait.

I understand you fully, but there is nothing I can say for you to do other than to wait until the servers are fixed.

The last time this happened (last week) it cost me around £200 in lost revenue for that 1 day. Cubecart had little to say other than an apology when I challenged them for a reason for this no reply.

ALL THIS ASIDE:

Cubecart is by far the best shopping cart software out there.. I've had many in the past but CC rules.. iron out a few bugs and you are away... iron out this issue and its 100%

I understand you fully, but there is nothing I can say for you to do other than to wait until the servers are fixed.

The last time this happened (last week) it cost me around £200 in lost revenue for that 1 day. Cubecart had little to say other than an apology when I challenged them for a reason for this no reply.

ALL THIS ASIDE:

Cubecart is by far the best shopping cart software out there.. I've had many in the past but CC rules.. iron out a few bugs and you are away... iron out this issue and its 100%

true, I like cubecart, (i would not go as far as to say it is the best shopping cart software out there as there are many other excellent systems available) but it is a very good platform for the price. this is the reason i was going to use it for my second business venture. But if this keeps happening, (as you confirm with me, twice in 2 weeks) I will be left with no option but to source something else. I cannot afford to take my shop offline a day here and a day there unannounced...

Well, hopefully I wont have to wait much longer before they get it resolved...