Problem Upgrading to 5.2.2

Hmmmmm again, I'm not able to help, BUT that not being able to upgrade to 5.2.2 is cause for concern. Maybe there's a connection between the two issues. What exactly seemed to be the problem with trying to upgrade to 5.2.2?

This happens with both Firefox and IE.

I go to the site - it tells me to upgrade so I click on the link.  It tells you to create a backup, so i go to maintenance and click backup - it comes up with a message saying "Unable to Serve this Request.  Site temporarily unavailable.  Connection timed out - please try again".  When I log in again and go back to the maintenance page it shows the backup was succesful.  I then click on the upgrade link again, click upgrade and get "Unable to Serve this Request.  Site temporarily unavailable.  Connection timed out - please try again".

This happends every time.  I also get logged out all of them time - I don't seem to be able to stop it logging me out (Cubecart support tell me they've extended it but I've seen no difference and I couldn't find out from them how to do it myself).

Joe